Law School Discussion

Breaking News...US News Release Date

LaneSwerver

Re: Breaking News...US News Release Date
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 01:30:34 PM »
If you have never enjoyed the glory that is Old Style, and if you are still drinking PBR like a sucker, I pity the fool.

My favorite billboard ever: A large, open hand on one side, an ice-cold PBR flying toward it on the other, with the caption "PBR me ASAP." Beauty.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 01:57:23 PM »
Old Style beer is a blight on this earth and is just atrocious.  Next time I need a cheap beer to drown my sorrows away i'll take a PBR.

carlsonjd

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 02:08:16 PM »
I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions; but to make such a baseless ad hominem attack upon my precious Old Style is too much.  It has supplied countless joys to millions across the great middle section of this country and will continue to do so.  So you can take your PBR and shove it, jerk.

lawbuddy

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 02:09:34 PM »
Old Style beer is a blight on this earth and is just atrocious.  Next time I need a cheap beer to drown my sorrows away i'll take a PBR.

You want a good cheap beer? LONE STAR!!!! (not the skywalker ripoff from Space Balls)

Now THAT's a badass beer.  It'll put hair on your chest! (unless you're a girl)

LaneSwerver

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 02:10:59 PM »

You want a good cheap beer? LONE STAR!!!! (not the skywalker ripoff from Space Balls)

Now THAT's a badass beer.  It'll put hair on your chest! (unless you're a girl)

No, even if you are a girl. "Lone Star. The National Beer of Texas."  Whatever.

Tony Brooks1

• none
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 02:48:09 PM »
that is pretty lame to make such an important decision based upon what some magazine ranks schools...
can't you make your own judgements?

melloo653

• I'm on the left, only blonde now.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 02:49:21 PM »
april 11th is my birthday..no really..it is!!!!!

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »
Hey Guys,

Well, I was quite bored waiting for those admissions to roll in. So I decided to call up US News to find out when they planned to release the latest law school rankings. I heard march and April tossed around a lot and I wanted an exact time frame. So I was informed by one of the editors today that US News plans to release the 2006 rankings on April 11th. So mark your calendars. This would be right around the time for seat deposits.

I plan to make a few of my decisions based on that information. A few of my schools rose in the rankings last year. So I would like to find out if they stayed the same or dropped down.

So then, are you going to transfer next year if your school goes down?  ??? If you're truly at a coin flip stage, I suppose it's reasonable to make a decision based on this.  Otherwise, I think you would be much better served trying to get information from practicing/hiring attorneys on their POV.

Trust me, I would not flip a coin to make a decision for my law school. Don't worry. I'm smarter than that. I have done a tremendous amount of research for each school before applying. So I pretty much know what to expect from each school. US News would be used as a piece of information that I would use in order to make this decision. However, I never said it would be the only piece of information.

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 05:13:17 PM »
that is pretty lame to make such an important decision based upon what some magazine ranks schools...
can't you make your own judgements?

Do you know what is more lame? When a person misconstrues my words in order to make himself seem wiser. First of all, I never said that I would use the rankings as the only piece of information for making a decision. I have already done a tremendous amount of research before applying.

Since I have many great offers from top ranked programs, I would like to use this information to determine which schools are on the rise and which schools are on the decline. There is nothing wrong with that. Schools use index numbers in order to rank students. What is wrong with students using the rankings as a piece of information in the decision making process. Absolutely nothing Bob!   

Tony Brooks1

• none
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
Easy killer!