Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Give Me a Break  (Read 1615 times)

SSU_Mike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • One Man's Quest Towards Getting Into Law School
Give Me a Break
« on: February 17, 2005, 01:00:46 PM »
So far, I've been rejected at Gonzaga, Chapman, Valpo, and Whittier. I still have Cal Western (top choice), Thomas Jefferson, Wilamette, and Denver out there, but this sure as hell isn't looking good. I have a 145 and a 3.3 UGPA. At this point, I'm down to go anywhere, even if it is good old TJSL. If something doesn't start happening, looks like I'll be applying to some sheriff's departments soon. Bleh...
check out my website @ http://www.mikeosipoff.com

F05HOPEFUL

Re: Give Me a Break
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 01:10:41 PM »
That LSAT is killing you.  Believe me, I'm in the same boat and this process is really demoralizing.  I would ride it out with the outstanding apps.  If you have to wait until next year, take a LSAT prep course.  That's what I'm gonna do.  Good luck.  We TTT have to stick together.

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 01:16:52 PM »
i know you have no accepts yet, but when you do, are you still going to wait till next year?

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 01:21:54 PM »
i know you have no accepts yet, but when you do, are you still going to wait till next year?

Me?  Well that's what I'm trying to decide.  My prelim plans are if I get accepted to Penn State, Syracuse, or WVU, I will def. go this year.  If I get accepted only to Roger Williams or W. New England I will think very hard about it.  If only accepted to New England or Albany, I will not attend (after greater research, I do not like these schools anymore.)  Now, I'm ready for these letters to roll in so I can figure out where I'm gonna be living next fall.

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 01:27:40 PM »

Me? Well that's what I'm trying to decide. My prelim plans are if I get accepted to Penn State, Syracuse, or WVU, I will def. go this year. If I get accepted only to Roger Williams or W. New England I will think very hard about it. If only accepted to New England or Albany, I will not attend (after greater research, I do not like these schools anymore.) Now, I'm ready for these letters to roll in so I can figure out where I'm gonna be living next fall.

What did you find out about New England that you didn't like? I am quasi-interested in that school but I dont know much about it

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 01:32:17 PM »
Hang in there Mike. If it does not pan out for you this year, you could definitely try to wait it out and take the LSAT again. A higher score would definitely make the process a little easier. I also have a low lsat, so I am in a similar position, although I have been accepted to one school so far, and waitlisted at a few others. But, I have not been accepted anywhere that I am dieing to go to. If nothing else pans out I will suck it up and go to a school that was not a top choice.

It is a hard decision to think about when it comes down to not going, or going to a school that is not your top choice. I guess it will come down to what matters most to each person. If going to law school is what you really want to do, you have to go with the cards that are thrown your way.  
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »
Well the main problem is the cost of tuition coupled with the outrageous cost of living in Boston.  I really want a rural or college town setting because of (a) cheap rent (b) little traffic (c) more laid back.

Additionally, I think the hierarchy in Boston sucks from NESL.  Harvard, BU, BC, Suffolk, Northeastern all being better viewed in the rankings may make employment in Boston difficult.  The reason I am still considering Western New England is it seems like a great school plus its main placement is in Conn. rather than Boston.  I think NESL is a good school, but the expense doesn't seem worth it to me.

Same with Albany

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 01:35:50 PM »
thanks for the info and good luck!!

SSU_Mike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • One Man's Quest Towards Getting Into Law School
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 01:47:50 PM »
I am not sweating this. I'll go somewhere and do something. It just sucks that I put so much effort into all of this and it hasn't paid off. Oh well, I'm only 22. There's always next year....
check out my website @ http://www.mikeosipoff.com

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 03:08:35 PM »
why so negative about albany (honestly wondering?)... have you looked at touro? not sure when their application deadline is..
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope