Law School Discussion

Saying "No Thanks"

140am

• View Profile
Re: Saying "No Thanks"
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 07:29:49 AM »
If it's cheaper to attend the higher ranked school,  how could you go wrong? Go to Buffalo. I LOVE Hofstra, too. But it's just too expensive. Unless I get the fellowship I can't go. Why would I move all the way across the country to go to a more expensive school where the cost of living is higher? It's hard to beat the enormous expense of Orange County, CA but Hofstra still manages to do so and it's just not worth it! It's sounds like you've already made your decision. You'll be happy at Buffalo.

I think I may have made my decision, really.  Unless I get into places closer to Philadelphia (where I live now) or Scranton (parents), then Buffalo it is.  I'm in at Widener, but I like the idea of going to a second tier school on the (dirt) cheap.  Other than Temple, nothing else can touch that aspect of it.  Villanova is 2 minutes from my hosue though, and I love it here and my friends are here, so that would be a hell of a touch choice.  Same for Seton Hall, since it is near NYC, Philly, and Scranton.

We'll see what happens, but I'd go to Buffalo.  I moved here to be near my girlfriend a few years ago and she left me.  Could be God's way of saying it's OK to move now.