Law School Discussion

Re: USD...Where you gonna live?

« on: June 03, 2004, 11:53:56 AM »
I went to undergrad at USD and if your in law school you want nothing to do with PB or mission beach as a 1L. Trust me drunken 20 somethings running around like savages 365 days a year is the greatest thing in the woulrd as long as you don't have to worry about your contracts test the next day.

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 10:05:03 PM »
I went to undergrad at USD and if your in law school you want nothing to do with PB or mission beach as a 1L. Trust me drunken 20 somethings running around like savages 365 days a year is the greatest thing in the woulrd as long as you don't have to worry about your contracts test the next day.

Thanks for the heads up.

Where would you suggest?  La Jolla is where I'm looking but its so expensive I'd like to find something cheaper.

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 11:16:22 AM »

Thanks for the heads up.

Where would you suggest?  La Jolla is where I'm looking but its so expensive I'd like to find something cheaper.

Mission Valley

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 02:04:32 PM »
I'm planning on living in Hillcrest or the Mission Hills area. I like the restaurants in Hillcrest and it doesn't seem like a party area like PB. 

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 06:07:03 PM »
Just make sure to check your 6 before you bend over to pick up any loose change.

thechoson

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 06:12:11 PM »
Just make sure to check your 6 before you bend over to pick up any loose change.

OH YEA!!! Now I remember what stigma Hillcrest had. It's West Hollywood in San Diego

hcnate

• B.S. Management, Purdue University - Gonzaga Law
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 06:37:04 PM »
I grew up in San Diego and still remeber the stigma of Hillcrest.  Friends of mine that have attended USD lived down in the Pt. Loma area.  Great place, but a little airport noise.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 10:08:32 AM »
yeah, well I have no problem with Gay or Lesbian people an I am suprised by the reaction to Hillcrest.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to catch "gay." Living in Laguna Beach in Orange County, I grew up around homosexuals and have no problem with them

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 12:11:27 AM »
Dude, nobody said you would catch gay... just dont bend over or they might catch you.  Hillcrest Mos arent just gay they are agressively and flamingly so and in my limited Hillcrest experience have I have seen that they have no qualms about assuming if you are there, you are probably queer.  I just think it would be continuingly uncomfortable to live in a place where I have to a t shirt that says 'Im straight' to be left alone.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 08:00:53 AM »
Right now I live in San Diego and the rents are typically very high here. In nicer areas expect the rent to be over 900 a month but in somewhat run down areas then the rent would be a little lower, down to 750-800. Closer to beaches the rents will be much higher. I live in Mission Valley. It's perfect because it's the epicenter to everything, to the beaches, to downtown, to La Jolla, etc. within 10-15 minutes tops. I'm considering about applying to USD if I could get in so I can stay here longer  :).