Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings Wait List  (Read 598 times)

kargioli

• View Profile
UC Hastings Wait List
« on: February 17, 2005, 07:02:33 AM »
Well I got a letter today offering me a place on the waitlist.  Kind of surprised actually, but then again I'm not.  My UGPA was 3.0, although I did have a 172 (99 percentile) LSAT.
I've already sent in my acceptance to be placed on the waitlist, and also sent a professional letter citing my desire to go to Hastings, blah blah.

Anyone know the chances of getting taken off the list? Does following up increase your chances? I just feel really pessimistic and bummed right now. 

kargioli

• View Profile
Re: UC Hastings Wait List
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 08:35:04 PM »
I guess the UC system does have it's own little quirks. I was actually expecting to be accepted outright also, but the way things have been going lately, I'm not all that surprised.  Problem is UC Hastings is definitely my 1st choice and I really want to go there, I just hope the letter I received is some automated thing and my chances of being looked at towards the summer are next to nothing.  I am definitely willing to wait it out till August and if need be wait for next year.
Thank you for the encouraging words, and believe me, I hope you are right!  I think I'll start campaigning for myself from now, so that they know that I am committed and willing to wait it out as long as need be.

nay091

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 09:57:14 PM »
Did your on-line status change?  I have been "Complete-Ready to Review" since November.  On Monday, the status date changed to 2/14/05.  I was wondering if that meant anything...
164/2.8 (Chem)
In: Santa Clara ($), UOP
Out: Boalt, BU, Emory
Pending: USD, USF, Hastings, Davis

kargioli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 10:20:12 PM »
I had the date change on my several times in late December and early January, however yes, the website did say "Decision" last Friday, and I received the notice for waitlist on Tuesday.

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 10:26:01 PM »
Me too.  162 LSAT, 3.57 LSDAS GPA.  This is actually the first non-acceptance that stings a bit.  The In-State Tuition would have been nice.   >:(
Attending: Wisconsin