Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Mason...Right on Schedule  (Read 612 times)

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
George Mason...Right on Schedule
« on: February 16, 2005, 10:21:05 PM »
The rejection is not much of a surprise. But I have to admire the accuracy of the information I got from them last week. They said they would start sending letters out on 2/15. And sure enough, one day later, here was the very thin envelope I had been waiting for.

Only 5 more schools pending now. And supposedly Brooklyn's letter is in the mail. But I'm starting to get skeptical of that after nearly a week of waiting for it.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: George Mason...Right on Schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 08:03:05 PM »
I really wish there was meaningful updated data on law school admission statistics.

George Mason is the perfect example in the ABA Approved law school book I have (2004 Edition). George Mason is listed as having the following stats:

3.50 - 3.74 and 160-164: 83/102 admitted.

Meaning that in total only 19 people were rejected with these statistics during the entire admissions cycle. However on law school numbers.com already the stats are 6/10 for admitted for this year. If this sample holds thats over a 20% increase in selectivity! People are getting into Emory and Fordham before G-Mason, is something wrong here?
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

ilsox7

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 08:05:32 PM »
People are getting into Emory and Fordham before G-Mason, is something wrong here?

Yes, you're using a sample size of 10 people.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 08:35:18 PM »
I really wish there was meaningful updated data on law school admission statistics.

George Mason is the perfect example in the ABA Approved law school book I have (2004 Edition). George Mason is listed as having the following stats:

3.50 - 3.74 and 160-164: 83/102 admitted.

Meaning that in total only 19 people were rejected with these statistics during the entire admissions cycle. However on law school numbers.com already the stats are 6/10 for admitted for this year. If this sample holds thats over a 20% increase in selectivity! People are getting into Emory and Fordham before G-Mason, is something wrong here?

The George Mason viewbook claims they are the "fastest rising school in USNWR".  Maybe it's true.