Law School Discussion

Yay Brooklyn Law!

Snuvy

• Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yay Brooklyn Law!
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:37:08 PM »
Finally, after months of waiting, and being discouraged by the trend of fashion lately, most notably gwen stefani and her downward spiral into harajuku crazyness--which i can only compare to someone having been attacked by bears and thrown around a bit.

but yes, my first acceptance, Brooklyn Law School, two days after my first rejection

well it feels nice to finally be "going somewhere" ::cross-fingers:: i hope this is a sign that things will start perking up for me, although i'm not sure this is going to be reflective of gwen's fashion choices.

however, i've never been too brooklyn, i've only been to mid-town, so i was wondering if anyone could possibly help give me the low-down about brooklyn, as i am from southern california.  ny is one of my choice locations, and thus, i applied to brooklyn (yay), cardozo and fordham ...whereas the other three, let's just say:

britney:good fashion::me:other three

okay thanks for listening, and hopefully you guys can give me some insight into brooklyn law and the area around it! any help would be great!

Re: Yay Brooklyn Law!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 10:50:42 PM »
I was born in Brooklyn and some of my family still lives there. It has its ups and downs; one of the biggest annoyances is cost of living, and it's one of the reasons I decided not to apply (and a factor for me leaving the northeast completely). I think they provide housing, but if you can't get that, you're going to be spending a pretty penny for a decent place.

There are also some...undesirable areas, but you should be OK. The school is located in the Heights, a decent area.

Oh, and congratulations!

Snuvy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 04:09:55 AM »

thanks a bunch!

what do you mean undesirable places?

how is the neighborhood of the school?  fact past city or slow suburb?

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 07:39:26 AM »
Here's the deal:
The school is located in Brooklyn Heights area right next to the state and federal court buildings and within 5 min walk from the Brooklyn Bridge. It's really a very urban area, just a continuation of Manhattan with rent prices to match. There are lots of places to hang out, eat, etc. The school is also building a new residence building which should be completed by the fall (I think) right around the corner from them.
The undesirable places are those supposedly unsafe, but you should be fine in the Heights, I used to live there for a couple of years and enjoyed it.

Congrats on the acceptance!

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 08:18:44 AM »
I would go as far to say that there isn't anywhere in the five burroughs besides Staten Island that you can consider "suburban."  There's definitely not a slow place either.  I would go as far to say that it may be the exact opposite of California, or what i know of it from watching the OC.  There are beautiful places in Brooklyn, i worked there for a summer, but there are also a lot of crummy places.  Just preparing you for a completely urban setting just like Manhattan and mid-town (without Tiffany, Saks, and Central Park)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 11:05:14 AM »
Just preparing you for a completely urban setting just like Manhattan and mid-town (without Tiffany, Saks, and Central Park)
We've got Prospect Park - just as nice and not as crowded

LawLawLand

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 12:03:56 PM »
YAY. I just got into Brooklyn too. Is Brooklyn Heights really that high? I have a fear of heights.

Snuvy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 02:14:22 PM »
YAY. I just got into Brooklyn too. Is Brooklyn Heights really that high? I have a fear of heights.

yay! happy brooklyn law acceptances!  Where else have you gotten into?

thanks for all the information!

i don't think brooklyn heights is very high, from a picture i saw, it seemed to be right along some sort of body of water  :P haha

yeah, i'm originally from an OC suburb, but really now, life is nothing like THE OC, but now i'm living in san diego going to UCSD which is just another suburb

..i need to get out of this suburb madness! yay fast new york!

so i'm assuming that brooklyn heights is also really fun w/ clubs and has eateries open all day and night?...because here in the burbs, everything closes at 7pm so that the old people can go to sleep...   :-[

haha thanks again!

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 02:38:48 PM »
brooklyn heights statement...please tell me you were kidding.  if not, why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?  The only thing high in the 5 borroughs is the guy outside the Off Track Betting Place in Chinatown off Canal St. where i lived for a summer. 

Snuvy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 11:34:10 AM »
brooklyn heights statement...please tell me you were kidding.  if not, why? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?  The only thing high in the 5 borroughs is the guy outside the Off Track Betting Place in Chinatown off Canal St. where i lived for a summer. 

HAHAHAH I DEFINITELY AM

note the smiley face and haha.

Oh that was a good one, you made me chuckle.  Thanks