Law School Discussion

BYU

BYU
« on: February 16, 2005, 05:55:19 PM »
Anyone know about BYU and when they do the majority of acceptances/rejections.  I have heard it is around the first to the middle of March but I don't know.

Re: BYU
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 06:13:49 PM »
BYU issued a few acceptances in January, but the vast majority do not begin hearing anything until February.  That's really all I know about the process. 

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 07:16:17 PM »
I was notified in November by email, but I turned in my app really early so I guess they were able to get back fast as well.  From what I've heard though, the bulk of the acceptances go out in March. 

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 07:21:54 PM »
hopefully you are going to one of those t14 schools though

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 07:27:18 PM »
hopefully you are going to one of those t14 schools though

Right, that's the plan at the moment.  It all depends on the schools that haven't notified me yet.  I must admit though, BYU is a pretty good school for the price, so the minimal debt is rather attractive sometimes. 

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 07:59:28 PM »
I heard back about three weeks after I applied in mid November, but don't know how many there have been since then.  You might check last year's stats on LSN.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 08:06:13 PM »
I heard back about three weeks after I applied in mid November, but don't know how many there have been since then.  You might check last year's stats on LSN.

quick highjack . . .
Yo Sordo, are you going to that thing on Friday?  Know what I'm talking about?

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 08:08:23 PM »
I am at the lower end of what BYU takes so that is probably why I haven't heard anything yet.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 08:12:48 PM »
I know of quite a few people still waiting on decisions. A classmate of mine went complete in december, but called and they haven't even looked at his app yet. I've been accepted (I applied really early in the process), and I think that's where I'll end up attending. You can't beat the low cost, especially with a scholarship.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 08:23:28 PM »

quick highjack . . .
Yo Sordo, are you going to that thing on Friday?  Know what I'm talking about?

Nope. Although I just realized it's at The Chef's Table which is a NICE restaurant.  Doh. Oh well.  I went to Elder Oaks' talk last week to the J Reuben Clark Law Society and sat in the fourth row.  Amazing.