Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BLSD Fam--the truly unexpected happened to me today...  (Read 7623 times)

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BLSD Fam--the truly unexpected happened to me today...
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 08:47:50 PM »
Hola!
Fantastic, many congratulations!
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

NYBound05

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
Thanks guys!  ;D

RBG- I don't think I'd go to Cornell.  I have to visit Ithaca, but from what I've heard, it sucks.  We'll see though.  Nothing is in stone at this point, especially b/c I haven't visited the east coast yet.  I want to see what I can squeeze out of some schools financially w/ this Boalt acceptance. 

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »
CONGRATS SWB!!!  I thought about applying to Boalt but don't want to go to the West Coast.  It's all about the East Coast.  I'm sure you've got some more east coast acceptances on the way so things will definitely work out the way you want them to ;)!!!
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 10:12:34 PM »
Thanks guys!  ;D

RBG- I don't think I'd go to Cornell.  I have to visit Ithaca, but from what I've heard, it sucks.  We'll see though.  Nothing is in stone at this point, especially b/c I haven't visited the east coast yet.  I want to see what I can squeeze out of some schools financially w/ this Boalt acceptance. 

Ithaca does suck. BUT it may actually be a good place for LS b/c there's absolutely nothing to do but study, there will be no distractions, you know what I'm saying? In a place like NYC, there's always things to do, and it takes A LOT of will power to say no, and if you do get tempted, trust me, you'll end up paying for it. Hopefully you'll get into Fordham, or Dozo will give u some money. I'm really surprised that Dozo isn't offering you anything, have you contacted Rob Schwartz about it yet?

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 10:32:43 PM »
Congrats, SWB!!!  I'm SURE you can get scholarship money from 'Dozo with a Boalt acceptance in hand.  I've heard that you can usually get private schools to match a good public school's tuition.  So money won't be a factor in your decision.  In fact, probably every school on your list (except probably Columbia and NYU) will match Boalt's tuition.  You are set!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 10:34:35 PM »
SCREW BOALT. THEY DON'T DESERVE YOU! DUMP THEM. GO TO COLUMBIA OR CORNELL. Congrats nevertheless, you deserve it.

lil_token

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 10:40:06 PM »
SWB - I told you that you'd get in!  When I read that statement of yours, I knew Ed Tom would have to be hitting the crack pipe not to admit you.  I am so happy for you and your truly amazing accomplishment.  There is, I am certain, more to come in the same vein, so you will have choices.  

Don't let the trolling on the "dark" side of the board get to you.  Many of the people saying negative things didn't get into Boalt and are bitter about the fact.  Well, bitter and too blind to see that they aren't God's gift to law schools and, despite what they may perceive as impressive numbers, their sh*t does stink.  They're just jealous.  Brush it off and keep your head up.  

I am "hella" (<--- look I am using Cali words now!) proud of you! :-* :-* :-*

NYBound05

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 10:55:22 PM »
Don't let the trolling on the "dark" side of the board get to you.  Many of the people saying negative things didn't get into Boalt and are bitter about the fact.  Well, bitter and too blind to see that they aren't God's gift to law schools and, despite what they may perceive as impressive numbers, their sh*t does stink.  They're just jealous.  Brush it off and keep your head up.  

Man, ain't that the truth?  My goodness, I have never seen such haters in my entire life!  Keep livin I guess, lol.  Unfortunately, I had to sink down to their level just a tad, but I told you that would happen if people came on here talking crazy to me.  LoL.  Funny, people have such balls over the internet.  But I'm gonna let it go.  No need to bring their negative bitter and jealous energy into my world. 

But on a better note, American Idol comes on in an hour!  YES!  What a day! :D

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 06:21:26 AM »
OMG!!  CONGRATULATIONS, SWB!!!
Girl, go to Boalt.  You love it there and as much as I'm an East Coast supremacist  ;), you'll probably regret choosing Cardozo over Boalt (unless they show you some bank now, that is.)  A Columbia acceptance might complicate things, but Cornell is frosty...brrr...go there and you'll be too busy trying to keep warm to brief cases and ish ;)

faith2005

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 10:14:49 AM »
Congratulations SWB! I'm sure you'll be guided to the right decision.