Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OH MY GOD I GOT INTO BOALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10093 times)

Jennaye

Re: OH MY GOD I GOT INTO BOALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2005, 11:37:27 PM »
C'mon Pookie.  you know you want to take a non-AA post and put it in the AA forum.

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2005, 11:37:47 PM »
I made an assumption based on my experiences.

Perhaps in light of R.M.'s post above you could rethink some of your assumptions.

I need to meet more successful people from other races and learn of their accomplishments.  My impressions of blacks/hispanics/etc. are that they break off in their own little groups, and I never get a chance to really know many.  I see that they get a boost in the admissions process, but I don't personally know any URM's applying to law school who I could talk to about this. 

I'm guessing that "hey, did you get into law school because you're black?" is not the best of ice-breaker lines when trying to get to know someone from the black community. Obviously, you didn't mean it in such a negative way, but there is an art to diplomacy.

Thus my need for lessons in PC.  In addition to that, lessons in typing faster so I can finish a post before 10 others get posted.  RM's post is valuable and I should read BLSD.  I'll keep it short so I can squeeze my post in this time.  GD'it, not fast enough.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2005, 11:39:38 PM »

Perhaps in light of R.M.'s post above you could rethink some of your assumptions.

I need to meet more successful people from other races and learn of their accomplishments.  My impressions of blacks/hispanics/etc. are that they break off in their own little groups, and I never get a chance to really know many.  I see that they get a boost in the admissions process, but I don't personally know any URM's applying to law school who I could talk to about this. 

I'm guessing that "hey, did you get into law school because you're black?" is not the best of ice-breaker lines when trying to get to know someone from the black community. Obviously, you didn't mean it in such a negative way, but there is an art to diplomacy.

Thus my need for lessons in PC.  In addition to that, lessons in typing faster so I can finish a post before 10 others get posted.  RM's post is valuable and I should read BLSD.  I'll keep it short so I can squeeze my post in this time.  GD'it, not fast enough.

You shouldn't just *read* the BLSD, you can also actively participate as well.

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2005, 11:40:42 PM »

You shouldn't just *read* the BLSD, you can also actively participate as well.

Very true.

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2005, 11:41:03 PM »
Thanks again for all the congrats (the sincere ones, anyways) :)

First of all, all of the people who couldn't accomplish what they set out and are ragging on my because I'm Black and got into Boalt can kiss my ass, and kiss it well, as I dance my way down to Boalt Hall.  That is, IF I even decide to go to Boalt Hall.  

It's so funny.  First of all, anyone who knows ANYTHING about Boalt knows they don't practice AA.  Dumbasses.  Besides, there have been URM's with much higher LSAT's than mine that were dinged at Boalt, while there are whites that have gotten in with numbers similar to mine.  Where's your logic there?  Assholes.  You guys don't know a damn thing about the application I submitted to Boalt, besides the numbers.  All of these invalid and completely unjustified assumptions, and you plan on being LAWYERS?  Boy oh boy, now THAT is comedy!   :D

Oh, and graduating at the bottom 10% huh?  I mean, it's so evident from my GPA that I'm a slacker huh?  You really nailed that one!  LOL.   Loser.  

I knew this would happen.  All I wanted to do was to give hope to some people out there that have split numbers like me but may have phenomenal soft factors, and these losers turn my thread into an AA debate.  >:( Whenever people get accepted for reasons that may not be attributed to LSAT alone, they get jumped on.  How insecure is that?  You guys should really be a little more modest with your insecurities. Have a little pride... just a little.

But whatever, I'm done with the topic and have spent too much time entertaining these trolls already.  Just wanted to say what needed to be said.  Never will I justify WHY I got into a school.  ESPECIALLY on a message board.  If people sincerely have questions about my application, they can pm me, and I may respond.  Otherwise, again, KISS MY ASS.  Who in the hell do you guys think you are?  And NO, I will not email my personal statement or any other documents that I feel are private, so please don't ask.  

On a lighter note, good luck to all of you out there in whatever school you decide to attend.  I wish you the best!  

bradzwest

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2005, 11:42:15 PM »
Got ready to go severely AA... and I hate those threads.  The hate speech bugs me.  I'm off this thread.  Pookie...please nuke this garbage

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2005, 11:47:20 PM »

I doubt there's any level of achievement that could satisfy you. Also, I hope you hold your own sense of worthiness to the same standards.

Honestly, dta, why would you say something so stupid? Being slightly above the median is not a great achievement (unless, perhaps, one is at HYS - and even then, I'd hardly call it an achievement. Everything is relative). This is really so obvious that I need not elaborate.

This is exactly what makes it impossible to talk about AA with someone like you. You must turn the whole issue into a personal insult of a particular person in a thread anouncing someone's acceptance. Talk stats all you want in a general AA thread, but you know nothing about SWB as a person. She may be brilliant, she may be a dunce. Neither of us know.

Again, this is stupid. I'm not insulting her - I am merely pointing out what most of us already know (that she got in because she's black), and, statistically, the chances are great that she will not 'succeed' academically. This, again, seems so clear it's not worth elaborating.

And, I'm sorry, but brilliant people DO NOT get 155's on their LSAT. Say what you will, say I'm 'mean', or a 'troll', but it's the truth.

seu2002

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2005, 11:48:30 PM »
Louder, what are you even doing on this f-ing board?  Aren't you a 1L in Fordham?  Maybe if you studied more instead of putting your nose in other people's business you'd actually get somewhere in life, which is obviously not going to happen with your ignorance and stupidity.  

You're just bitter that SWB got into a school with a better reputation that Fordham will ever have,.

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »
C'mon Pookie.  you know you want to take a non-AA post and put it in the AA forum.

Moving threads is for bitches.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2005, 11:50:08 PM »
yeah louder, who let you in that fourth tier toilet?  obvioiusly they dont know about your alter ego on lsd
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1