Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does Case hate me?  (Read 1190 times)

avalanchefan

Does Case hate me?
« on: February 16, 2005, 03:58:36 PM »
I do not understand why they haven't made a decision on my application.  I applied right after they sent me a fee waiver after the Oct. test.  On that test I scored a 161 and then a 172 on the Dec. test. Their median is 158.  My LSAC GPA is at their median and my more recent degree granting GPA is above their 75th percentile.  Anybody know how Case makes their decisions?  I am really interested in their school.  ???

LaneSwerver

Re: Does Case hate me?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:38:59 PM »
Call them and tell them you love them and want to have their babies. Caselets.

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 05:32:17 PM »
I don't understand this either - I applied in mid-October w/ a 174 and 3.29. I would think that I would be in there by now. I'm not that interested in going but I can't imagine them doing yield protection on me b/c I live in Ohio so it certainly is plausible that I might really want to go.

YellowSpringer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 08:08:25 PM »
I'm asking myself the same question, although my numbers aren't nearly as good as yours. Even so, my 160 is above the 25th percentile, so you'd think I'd know by now. Thank goodness for OSU.

vickymaz

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 08:10:23 PM »
Ditto. My numbers are 3.11/171 and I've been complete since the beginning of January. They're supposed to be a safety, for pete's sake. They're probably just being weird.

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 08:47:24 PM »
I applied at the end of September and got in about a week or two ago...I know that they don't start looking at apps until late December (unless you apply ED) so I am sure they are just swamped....

Good Luck!

mxpocc

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 09:26:34 PM »
as mentioned above, i'm sure they're swamped too. my friend applied in december and they ordered his lsac report a day after receiving his application--they took 3weeks to order mine after i applied in early january. being my application couldn't have been less attractive than his, i figure they took so long because of the sheer volume of apps in january.

with that said, some people seem to have been hearing from case within 4-6 weeks. so who knows!

with your numbers, you should be looking more heavily upon better ranked schools anyway.

runner8

• At the Cape of Good Hope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 10:05:31 PM »
Same deal here. I applied in October.  My numbers are not as high as some of you, but I would still have expected to hear by now!!!!  My decision depends on what I hear from Case.
Accepted: Pitt, UK, Saint Louis (w/39K), Seton Hall(w/24K), Stetson (full ride), Maryland, Case Western
Rejected: BU

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 11:26:06 PM »
I'm not sure how Case makes decisions, I have competitive numbers, and I sent my Case application in at the beginning of January, went complete a couple of weeks ago and received an acceptance on Friday, Feb. 4.  Still holding on scholarship offer.

fliingdutchmn

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 01:52:45 PM »
I wrote a supplemtary essay, brimming with the reasons why Case and I would make such a good match, after they sent me a CRS letter.  I was admitted in short order.  Since my numbers are B-range, I'm guessing that did it, especially in light of the fact that many of you have higher numbers.