Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!  (Read 9660 times)

twarga

Re: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »
Does playing ball count as working out?

I eat a lot of food but I dont gain weight, I'm only 175, thats why I hate fat people.

Just wait 'til you turn 30... it all goes straight to hell after that!

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 10:23:13 AM »

Damn RBG, you're always all up in people's business.

touchy aren't we?

RBG why do you incessantly harass posters? I usually dont care but this is Shelaw here. Back off Josh Pologolzi.

Thanks Vic  ;)
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 10:57:50 PM »
Must not be too many people who work out...Hmm not surprised.

Personally I like pilates and running. The best way to stay in shape is to participate in activities that you enjoy. I was watching Oprah today and these women between the ages of 40-65 years old looked amazing. They all credited their youthful looks to staying physically active. This one lady looked better in her 40's than she did in her 20's. I've been thinking about taking up a new sport like crew.

NYBound05

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 12:49:47 AM »
I tried a pilates tape once and it didn't work for me.  I heard it's great for muscle toning but I'd rather lift.  I can't take staying in one position for too long.

You should try a spinning class.  They're a great aerobic activity and you can turn up the tension to insane amounts to really push yourself.  I used to run on the treadmill all the time and it got so boring after doing it for so many years (I've been working out at the gym since I was 14).  Spinning classes are my newfound love.  Not only do you burn lots of calories but it's really really fun b/c of the group setting.  Maybe it's b/c I used to play hoop, but I love team activities.

Oh, and if you're looking for sports, you should try hoop.  Out of all sports (and I've done them all, trust), I'd have to say you get the best workout from basketball HANDS DOWN.

I didn't see that Oprah special but an essence issue a while back featured black women that looked INSANELY good for their age.  I'm talking 70 year old women that look 40, no joke.  When people ask what my motivation is for working out so hard when I'm already in such good shape I tell them that I work so hard so that I can look like this when I'm 50.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 12:59:31 AM »
Okay SWBO5..I tried a few spinning classes and my vagina hurts b/c of the seat!  :'(

How do you deal with that part?

Hmm I would try basketball if I didn't suck! What a shame since I'm 5'10. My roommate plays basketball and she's in GREAT shape.

As for black women: Most black women age very well. It's rare that I met a black woman who looks older than her age. People think my mother and I are sisters and she's 50 years old.

NYBound05

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 01:14:22 AM »
LOL yeah those seats are a trip...

I know it's uncomfortable initially, but you have to try to to play around with the way that you're positioned on the seat.  You'll get used to it if you try, I promise! 

And yeah, I thank God that I'm Black.  Not only do we not wrinkle, but if we take care of our bodies, we can stay tight even in our older years.

And yeah, basketball is one of the few sports that women can play without bulking up.  I always wanted to take up serious swimming (not just playing in the water) but hate the way that swimmers backs look.

I've also taken up aerobics.  But you have to be careful or else you'll spend an hour in a class and end up hardly sweating b/c it's so easy. I know this is horrible, but if the instructor isn't in good shape, I don't take the class.  I hate wasting my time at the gym.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 01:18:02 AM »
Swimming was great. I was in the best shape of my life when I was a lifeguard. I'll try the spinning class but I'm really not trying to have a bruised vagina.

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 11:56:17 AM »
I second the spinning class suggestion. I take around 4 spinning classes a week in addition to boxing and kickboxing classes for the crosstraining affect.  I hate machine cardio so the only way I do cardio is through group activities.  I was a baller back in the day as well and basketball is definitely a great workout... too bad I haven't played in years. 

The spinning seats are uncomfortable at first but in most of the classes I take, the instructor does most of the class out of the saddle.  Either way, you get used to the seats. 
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 01:18:51 PM »
I tried a pilates tape once and it didn't work for me.  I heard it's great for muscle toning but I'd rather lift.  I can't take staying in one position for too long.

You should try a spinning class.  They're a great aerobic activity and you can turn up the tension to insane amounts to really push yourself.  I used to run on the treadmill all the time and it got so boring after doing it for so many years (I've been working out at the gym since I was 14).  Spinning classes are my newfound love.  Not only do you burn lots of calories but it's really really fun b/c of the group setting.  Maybe it's b/c I used to play hoop, but I love team activities.

Oh, and if you're looking for sports, you should try hoop.  Out of all sports (and I've done them all, trust), I'd have to say you get the best workout from basketball HANDS DOWN.

I didn't see that Oprah special but an essence issue a while back featured black women that looked INSANELY good for their age.  I'm talking 70 year old women that look 40, no joke.  When people ask what my motivation is for working out so hard when I'm already in such good shape I tell them that I work so hard so that I can look like this when I'm 50.

Try an actual live Pilates class.  If done correctly you should have beads of sweat pouring down your face and you'll feel it right after the class and the next day. Pilates is great for muscle strength and flexibility. I love it.

Spinning is great, but I've never gotten used to how my ass feels afterwards. And since I'm single, I don't have anyone to rub it for me. Well....... :-\ :-[

SWB you should have saw that Oprah show though, there was this one black woman who had two grown sons and if I saw her walking down the street with them I would have sworn she was one of their's girlfriend. She was absolutely phenomenal.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005, 02:46:20 PM »
While in law school, I tried to stick to my undergrad regimen. The first two yrs I ran about 15 miles a week and swam 5 days a week. Third yr I cut running out and took an African Dance class 3 days a week. That class worked out every muscle in my body.

A good idea is to use the gym resources @ your law school's undergrad institution. Most of them close late in the evenings and open early in the morning. Perhaps you can set aside an hour a day to focus on that.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...