Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!  (Read 9578 times)

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
Re: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 07:57:27 PM »
If I can't get it in during the week I'll still have Fri. Sat. and Sun. However I get your drift ish happens. So I'll probably will be feeling guilty about something so if I can't fit in my workout schedule I have a plan B, bring my lunch that way I won't fall victim to the fast food bug which I definetly have a problem with, and really cut back on the fried Catfish, Pizza and ish.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 08:07:51 PM »
I've been working full-time, and going to school at night for like 7 years, on top of having a wife and kids and if I don't get in at least 3 serious 1.5 to 2 hr workouts a week my whole life starts to suffer. So I get up early or stay up late (I live where everything, gyms included are 24/7)and fit it in. Since I'll be moving to a place that is probably not 24/7 I have already devised my schedule. Two light workouts (45min-1hr) on either Mon and Wed. or Tues. and Thurs. and two hour workouts Fri, Sat. and Sun. I've heard if you make time for working out in your schedule while in law school the benefits will bleed over to your school work, in terms of increased energy, focus and will keep you from feeling like a total robot.  It can be done and i'm thinking if a lazy b@stard like me can do it with work, fam and school hell its gonna be easy with no job worries.

Oh no doubt. You should exercise in LS. It's just really hard to find time. But you sound like you've got a good plan, sorry to sound like a pessimistic, but it will change  ;). Once you get into LS (and I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing this but its true) you'll see, you get into this totally different mental state, I can't even describe it.....But I am an advocate for exercising and eating healthy, it'll help you focus better.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 08:17:03 PM »
If worst comes to worst I always have my wife's treadmill I can read and jog at the same time, two birds one stone. I hate treadmills but I hate the thought of failing and disappointing my wife and kids worse. I guess i'm lucky If I get fat or fatter I'm still getting good luvin at the crib. I don't know about the lovin if I fail or get a sh#tty job after law school.  For guys money and a Big package is all you need. Peace
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 10:02:58 PM »
Word, I dont eat stuff like McDonalds and all that crap. I eat soul food.

Hi SheLaw, have you decided where you are going?

I still don't know where I'm going cuz I've gotta hear from more schools.  They're taking a long ass time w/ my apps.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 10:07:15 PM »
Word, I dont eat stuff like McDonalds and all that darn. I eat soul food.

I still don't know where I'm going cuz I've gotta hear from more schools.  They're taking a long ass time w/ my apps.

Which are the relevant schools to which you were admitted? And which ones have yet to make a decision?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 10:14:39 PM »
Word, I dont eat stuff like McDonalds and all that darn. I eat soul food.

Which are the relevant schools to which you were admitted? And which ones have yet to make a decision?

Damn RBG, you're always all up in people's business.  I'm still in at just Cornell and GULC and at this rate, I'm off to GULC cuz I'm not feeling Ithaca (although I haven't visited and don't plan on visiting).  I'm waiting on some top 14's that either deferred me or haven't come to a decision.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 10:16:44 PM »

Damn RBG, you're always all up in people's business.

touchy aren't we?

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 01:00:13 AM »

touchy aren't we?

RBG why do you incessantly harass posters? I usually dont care but this is Shelaw here. Back off Josh Pologolzi.

twarga

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 07:29:30 AM »
Hubby got me an ipod Shuffle for V-day, and it's great for jogging around the neighborhood.  I figure my first class won't be until at least 9 a.m., so I can get a couple of miles in. 

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 09:39:29 AM »

touchy aren't we?

RBG why do you incessantly harass posters? I usually dont care but this is Shelaw here. Back off Josh Pologolzi.

Harass as in saving other poster's pictures and drawing fake moustaches on them, or harass as in asking people where they are going to law school... on a law school discussion website?