Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!  (Read 9757 times)

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2005, 08:13:45 PM »
Sometimes you can find an African Dance class at a state college for significantly less than a dance studio

I was fin to say. I love African Dance classes, but damn, here in NYC they are too expensive. What's the point if you can only catch like 1 class per month? I'll have to look into the state college thing this summer.

I'm really shocked that not more of the ladies get down with yoga and pilates. Maybe it's cause I have banging teachers or something. They're not all about "connect with the earth's core" crap, they be working the hell outta me. But it's worth it when after a couple of weeks you see how much more flexibility you gain and you can hold poses for much longer.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2005, 08:59:17 PM »
Sometimes you can find an African Dance class at a state college for significantly less than a dance studio

I was fin to say. I love African Dance classes, but damn, here in NYC they are too expensive. What's the point if you can only catch like 1 class per month? I'll have to look into the state college thing this summer.

I'm really shocked that not more of the ladies get down with yoga and pilates. Maybe it's cause I have banging teachers or something. They're not all about "connect with the earth's core" darn, they be working the hell outta me. But it's worth it when after a couple of weeks you see how much more flexibility you gain and you can hold poses for much longer.

what kinda poses ya talkin bout lady?  ;)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2005, 09:04:27 PM »

I'm really shocked that not more of the ladies get down with yoga and pilates. Maybe it's cause I have banging teachers or something. They're not all about "connect with the earth's core" darn, they be working the hell outta me. But it's worth it when after a couple of weeks you see how much more flexibility you gain and you can hold poses for much longer.

what kinda poses ya talkin bout lady?  ;)

:o :-X

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2005, 09:13:42 PM »
....And how long can you hold the "position"...Hmmm, Pilates and Yoga definitely need to check out next class at the gym, thanks.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

NYBound05

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2005, 06:29:39 PM »
Yeah, I'll check out an African dance class at one of the local junior college's by my house... f-ing CA budget cuts.  I remember when j.c. classes were less than $12 a unit.

Man how do you guys do spinning class...URGH! Okay I'm going to one today...if vagina hurts I'm going to beat you SWB! LOL...I'll try the butt thing.

So did you go???  What did you think??  I'm tellin you, you may be a lil sore after the first time, but just like other things, it's something you get used to and the pain eventually goes away.  ;)

what kinda poses ya talkin bout lady? ;)

:D

NYBound05

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2005, 06:32:33 PM »
Lets hope so...

Have you ladies heard of this work out called Krav Maga, which is an Israeli fighting technique. It suppose to be really great work out. It's been in So Cal. I took a 20 week class and man you can really put a hurting on someone.

Nah, I've never heard of it.  Is it similar in concept to Capoeira? By that I mean is it dancing as well, or is it just strictly fighting?

I used to do tae-bo but I don't think the moves would be very effective on whoopin somebody's ass...