Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!  (Read 9750 times)

Regal_Muse

Re: Keepin it tight in AND out the classroom!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 03:09:35 PM »
Man African Dance classes are the best! If you want to lose weight and get in great shape, an AFrican Dance class will whoop anyone into shape.

NYBound05

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 04:41:25 PM »
Shelaw-  Yeah, my instructor does most of the class out of the seat too.  It just takes some getting used to, but I love it.

Ladyday- I'm gonna have to try that class then.  I dunno though, I'm so used to doing active aerobic activity (read: moving at a fast pace) to get my workout in.  I think I'd get frustrated staying in one position forever.  But I really want to increase my flexibility and I heard pilates is one of the best ways to go about that.

I've never tried an African Dance class but I heard they were off the hook.  I'm gonna check that out as well, if it's not too expensive.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2005, 04:43:40 PM »
Sw..you are missing out. I'm actually shocked that you haven't particpated in one. Check it out this summer while you are relaxing before law school.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2005, 04:51:36 PM »
Sometimes you can find an African Dance class at a state college for significantly less than a dance studio
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2005, 05:03:12 PM »
I've tried African Dance as well and it's a lot of fun.  I don't do it regularly because I'm more of a spinner/boxing kinda person. 

I can't stand pilates or yoga.  I'm not into that whole mind/body stuff and just want something that's upbeat and gets my adrenaline pumping.  I'd rather do push-ups over yoga anyday.  I've done both classes and tapes (of yoga and pilates) and they bore me to tears.  Maybe it's because I have a short attention span.  The only yoga that I kinda like is Power Yoga or Sports Yoga.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
Man how do you guys do spinning class...URGH! Okay I'm going to one today...if vagina hurts I'm going to beat you SWB! LOL...I'll try the butt thing.

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »
Man u all are motivational...I'mlike the only one of my friends who even sets foot in the gym...I never had to work out before my daughter and Depo...but hey I'm getting backin the swing of things now.... I was going to do a spinning class but this girl at the gym was like girl those seats are not made for us, and I chickened out.....Regal let me know how it goes, I might try one tmrw.
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2005, 05:35:51 PM »
Shoot maybe my booty isn't as big as SWB05...I cannot see she can deal with a spinning class LOL.

I actually started back on birth control pill b/c my periods were coming every 20 days (way too frequent) and I'm starting to feel really sluggish and I've gained like two lbs. My doctor said not to worry but I'm not trying to blow up before law school.

Btw good to see ya Ms.Jay. I'm sure you get enough exercise having a daughter and teaching kids LOL.

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2005, 05:38:31 PM »
Shoot maybe my booty isn't as big as SWB05...I cannot see she can deal with a spinning class LOL.

I actually started back on birth control pill b/c my periods were coming every 20 days (way too frequent) and I'm starting to feel really sluggish and I've gained like two lbs. My doctor said not to worry but I'm not trying to blow up before law school.

Btw good to see ya Ms.Jay. I'm sure you get enough exercise having a daughter and teaching kids LOL.

lol...between work and all my daugters activities you're probably right.....pills shouldn't put too much weight on u, u know they have less hormones in them now if you get the right ones.
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

Regal_Muse

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 05:47:04 PM »
Lets hope so...

Have you ladies heard of this work out called Krav Maga, which is an Israeli fighting technique. It suppose to be really great work out. It's been in So Cal. I took a 20 week class and man you can really put a hurting on someone.