Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: RC answer  (Read 442 times)

coolestb

• View Profile
RC answer
« on: February 16, 2005, 12:58:44 PM »
Hey, was this an answer to the netherlands recycling RC passage...
The question asked about what was not included in the NEPP idea, and the answer was something about "past restrictions on something"
Who else got this?
Thanks,
Adam

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RC answer
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »
However, they were even more strict in the NEPP, however they left the scientific research in private hands.

withj

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 04:03:14 PM »
Heyabrendan correct. Even if there had been something about stricter fines, it was outside the scope of the question.

coolestb

• View Profile
SO WHAT WAS IT??
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 04:28:08 PM »
So wahat was the answer about what was NOT included in the NEPP plan?
Anyone know this??
I think the answer was pretty obvious... right?
thanks,
Adam

coolestb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 04:32:20 PM »
are you people agreeing with me?
also, what were the answers to other questions in this RC passage.

zenbiddie

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 04:41:56 PM »
strict fines all the way.  that passage was such a breeze i cant remember any questions. :-\

yoshibengoshi

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 04:45:13 PM »
I agree with the strict fines answer.

Another question dealt with how successful was the policy, and the answer was something about more successful with businesses than with consumers....

coolestb

• View Profile
Can someone please help me
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 05:27:48 PM »
Guys, i remember something about strict something... but im not sure what it was.  Can someone do me a HUGE favor and just in a few sentences recap what the main points of this passage was.... what research did the government start... in fact ,what was the stated point of the NEPP ....IE, HOW WAS NEPP USED TO MAKE BUSINESSES STOP POLLUTING

yoshibengoshi

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 05:40:02 PM »
NEPP had several objectives, but the key thrust was to achieve environmental goals while at the same time improving the Netherlands economy. It offered flexibility to corporations to develop their own programs to improve the environment, while putting backpressure on them to make continual progress. Overall, NEPP seemed to be working.

I can't recall the questions very well. Seems like there was (1) main point, (2) NEPP introduced all of the following except, (3) was the policy strict or flexible, (4) inference about its applicability beyond the Netherlands (?), (5) answer about it was less successful in changing behavior of small businesses and consumers.... 

zenbiddie

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 05:42:10 PM »
um, the NETHLDS devised a policy which worked with industries because it enabled them to comply within reasonable time frame without excessive restrictions (freedom), it was also a predictable regulatory environ. the author's tone was supportive of the policy and hopeful that it would improve.  um, there was a bit more to it but now im blanking out. sry.