• Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
Re: Pilipinos???
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 06:47:29 PM »
full-blooded; going to chicago

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 09:23:05 AM »
I am part pinoy as well(the part that buys 50 lb bags of white rice at a time). Will most likely end up at U San Deigo or UNC.

Good luck to the rest of you in law school.

cutcut

• I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 10:58:31 AM »
I am part pinoy as well(the part that buys 50 lb bags of white rice at a time). Will most likely end up at U San Deigo or UNC.

Good luck to the rest of you in law school.

nice. me too. and I make a mean pork adobo.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 12:09:03 PM »
Yum, I want some.  I'm gonna miss my grandma's cooking when I go away to school...

GoHuskies05

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 06:09:03 PM »
Funny how some of you mentioned food. When I was at UW I missed Filipino food. But I never bothered to learn. Now my mom and my grandma are teaching me to cook.

I think of Filipino as a culture more so then an ethnicity. So those of you that say your are half...you may as well be all the way. Filipinos are pretty much a creole cultuire anyway. My niece and nephew are half. Their mom is caucasian, but she craves Filipino food more then most of the family.  ;D

It is nice to see so many of you heading to law school. Representin'

Hey GoHuskies...are you UW or UConn?

I am the proudest of alumnae from the mighty UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON! 

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005, 10:04:18 AM »
Yeah, i'm also curious about filipinos as URMs.  Granted, my application to law school is over 2 years away, but if I knew that columbia accepted filipinos as URMs i would be much less stressed out over the whole process  :)

Also, i am quite amazed at the the amount of flipinos at LSD, nice to know i'm not the only half with the insanity of deciding to do law school  ;D

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 09:56:42 PM »
be sure to spell filipino with a PH on your apps

GoHuskies05

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 03:01:37 PM »
be sure to spell filipino with a PH on your apps

hahaha!  You're joking right. 

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Filipino

Filipinos are NOT URM's anywhere.  Ask any Filipino who has gone thru the application process, and see if they felt as if they received a bump from their race.  I'm sure I didn't.  Good luck though.  I'm always cheering for other Filipinos.

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 11:39:17 PM »
yes i was definately being sarcastic, although some of the other posters can make good use of that link!