Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who else wants a rejection?  (Read 1557 times)

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
Re: Who else wants a rejection?
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 05:42:43 PM »
Up until a couple weeks ago I would have been just as excited to receive a rejection from any of my top 5 choices, only because I thought it would force me to think realistically and also begin to simplify my decision making process.  But after getting into one of my super-reaches so early, I'm cocky.  Now I want to get in everywhere! Hahahahahaha

Actually, maybe it WILL be good when my first rejection comes so it can bring me back down to Earth.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 09:48:25 PM »
wildcataz- What a great idea for a thread! With all the waiting anxiety, I've been saying to myself, "Man, it would be great to just get these last 2 rejections out of the way to help speed the decision making along." Then I catch myself and laugh at my yearing for rejection. Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there.

Best of luck with everything!

That's exactly what I'm feeling. I'm very happy and suprised with the choices I have and I'd like to just make a decision NOW. I can't do it with a clear mind without hearing from the other schools though.

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 10:27:25 PM »
I'm right there with you Wench. Rejections, while bad, help improve the clarity of my decision-making process.  If I haven't been rejected from a school yet (even one I know I will get rejected by) I can't erase that school from my brain yet. Having gotten into to a couple of schools I'm happy with I would just as soon be able to start actually thinking about where I might be next fall.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 11:36:38 PM »
Where are my damn rejections? Tell me now so I can start talking to a real estate agent in TX and look at homes when I visit. The waiting is killing me and throwing off my time-line!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 11:56:56 PM »
Where are my damn rejections? Tell me now so I can start talking to a real estate agent in TX and look at homes when I visit. The waiting is killing me and throwing off my time-line!

:D

did you watch the show "bridezilla" about a year ago?  timeline comment reminded me of that.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

puma

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 01:46:27 AM »
Ditto, etc.  (I want rejections to make the DM process easier.)

However, I keep getting stuff from DePaul, despite having withdrawn.  I think its getting a little weird.  This is exactly what I was worried about.  If you don't let them down softly, all of a sudden they're sending you letters, telling you the things they want to do to you ("...but, Hey! Look at our IP Writing Section!  Don't you want to do IP with us?" "Sorry, I just can't, things have changed between us, you'll just have to find someone else to fill my seat."), and you're just not interested.  SORRY DEPAUL, I'VE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE.  I just can't be subtle anymore.

abcd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 09:17:19 AM »
how long go you guys think they can drag this out? i'm waiting for my final rejections too and it's driving me nuts. say a person applies before the deadline, would it be reasonable to say that we would hear back (whether it's an accept, deny, or wl) by april or early may? isn't that when deposits are due? i need a date to count down to!  >:(

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 09:41:54 AM »
how long go you guys think they can drag this out? i'm waiting for my final rejections too and it's driving me nuts. say a person applies before the deadline, would it be reasonable to say that we would hear back (whether it's an accept, deny, or wl) by april or early may? isn't that when deposits are due? i need a date to count down to!  >:(

I'd shoot for April 10. That is when my earliest deposit is due. And that gives wiggle room to the schools that say "all decisions will be made by April 1" (That's right, I'm talking to you, W&L).  If you just focus on April 10, imagine how surprised you will be when the decisions finally do come?

Now if you can actually apply the bull I just espoused, then you are a better person than I am. I'm going crazy waiting for these final 5 decisions (1 probably, 1 maybe, 1 probably not and 2 "you must be joking")
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy