Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who else wants a rejection?  (Read 1537 times)

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Who else wants a rejection?
« on: February 16, 2005, 01:43:49 AM »
Now that I've gotton into my top choice, I really want to get a rejection in the mail. This whole process would not be complete unless I get one. George Mason, just send it out already, there is no need to hold on to it any longer!

foxnewssucks

Re: Who else wants a rejection?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 01:44:42 AM »
why dont you just reject them first.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:19:02 AM »
i feel you, cataz.  i'm waiting for two.  not withdrawing because i'm curious to see what the decision would have been.  plus, if they accept me, i'll probably still go to admit weekends.  unless it's too expensive, in which case my desire to quit my job ASAP would outweigh the desire to go on a useless trip.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Admonish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 08:15:08 AM »
wildcataz- What a great idea for a thread! With all the waiting anxiety, I've been saying to myself, "Man, it would be great to just get these last 2 rejections out of the way to help speed the decision making along." Then I catch myself and laugh at my yearing for rejection. Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there.

Best of luck with everything!

vegannramember

• Sr. Citizen
  • going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 09:46:36 AM »
nah, I think I've received all I need.

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 09:56:25 AM »
I'd rather get an acceptance than a rejection, but if it's a rejection I'm gonna get, then send it my way already!

I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going but I'd still like closure (so I can be 100% sure instead of 99% sure).
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:07:28 AM »

Why should I? I paid for the application (or in this case the report); I want to know if I would have gotten in or not.

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 03:19:09 PM »
i feel you, cataz.  i'm waiting for two.  not withdrawing because i'm curious to see what the decision would have been.  plus, if they accept me, i'll probably still go to admit weekends.  unless it's too expensive, in which case my desire to quit my job ASAP would outweigh the desire to go on a useless trip.  :)

The schools you're waiting on are headturningly amazing....you'd be insane to withdraw and never know if you got in.  Plus if you don't go, someone will get some waitlist love maybe....you'd be like the waitlist fairy at all of the fabulous t-14 schools you go into!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 04:12:20 PM »
thanks, pigtails!  hopefully my WL fairy-ness is working its magic already! (i've withdrawn at half of the accepted list already)  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

foxnewssucks

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 04:24:30 PM »
because perhaps the value of closure outweighs the outcome of a decision which is a sunk cost of $10/$12 and does not have any impact on your future law school plans.

Why should I? I paid for the application (or in this case the report); I want to know if I would have gotten in or not.