Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A west coast lawschool  (Read 1036 times)

najniran

• AOL Instant Messenger - najniran
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A west coast lawschool/political epicenter: ending east coast hegemony
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 05:42:03 AM »
I scored well above a 150 on the LSAT and Southwestern is one of the schools I am considering. So...go choke on feces and die CaressMyEgo. Thank you. That is all.

Peace, Love, and a Chalupa from LaneSwerver,
Me

blinkuldhc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blinkuldhc
    • View Profile
    • me
    • Email
Re: A west coast lawschool
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 01:14:45 PM »
southwestern also has california district court justice ronald lew, the most prominent asian american legal figure in the US.

damn, i was THIS close to getting a LOR from him too.
SCORE!: USD ($$$)
Broken beer goggles: W&M, Hastings, BC , WUstl
Liqouring up: Temple, Santa Clara, Loyola (LA)
C*ck blocked: Wisconsin
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=blinkuldhc

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 01:30:20 AM »
lets be frank.  the east coast has its politics, values, and ways of doing things, and then there is the west coast.

their heros are cortez, pizzaro, bon jovi, and lawrence summers.

ours are pam anderson, eddie vedder, and kelly slater.

why do we have to travel 3000 miles if we want our political voices heard?   that suxs.... thats reTTTarded... and thats unamerican

get off your snowboards, skateboards, and surfboards, hang up your cell phone and leave your plastic surgeon's office...it's time we sat down and discussed the political future of america's origional colony.
i personally think the real heros on the west coast were, and to some, are john wayne, (to the those southern california people--ronald reagan),  those great people who set up burrito trucks on the side of the road, and buddah.  And yeah, plastic surgeons are also cheerished in southern cal, but in certain circles on the east coast--they fly to southern cal for it. 

from a west coast perspective, the heros on the east coast are al sharpton, juliani, and ticket scalpers.

the difference in the 'the politics is that people on the east coast read  the newspaper and stare at the news while doing something else, while people on the west coast analyze it.

values on the east coast?  the mob, the other mob, and the other other mob. well, if you're into the mob-value system, i say you're absolutely right--the east coast reeks of values.

nothing against the east coast, just my opinion of the truth :D

Fernando

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 06:04:20 AM »
Southwestern has lower tuition rates than neighboring prestigious law schools. Some attorneys in LA are saying that if pressed for money and time, Southwestern may turnout to be a viable option. After all, they emphasize, the law school does not make the JD candidate, the candidate does; as long as you study the law, pass the bar, and keep your wits as clean as possible, you’re bound to find modest employment.

Those with higher aspirations are more prone to deflect this advice.  Well, there is an alluring quality about USC and UCLA that creates a bold sense to strive for the best.