Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: All Transcripts required?  (Read 3751 times)

equal

• View Profile
Re: All Transcripts required?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 07:13:27 PM »
you'll get a big ol' "UNDISCLOSED TRANSCRIPT" mark on your report.

How would this occur?

Obviously you guys are right and I should "dig" up the transcript (yes, it does require digging on my part...long story).  I'm applying from overseas and just dread trying to communicate with a university i spent four weeks dancing at just to get a transcript i've never seen or needed to use. 

What was your waiting time from requesting a transcript to lsac recieving it?

horsiegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »
yes, i'm curious too...what is an undisclosed transcript report? i've never heard of that. if they're undisclosed transcripts, how would anyone else know about them?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »
I took a typing class at the school I got my paralegal degree from (8 years before the degree) during the summer, and they counted it.  Sucks, but they did.  The class didn't count toward my degree, but it's in there.

wstaffor

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35/174
    • AOL Instant Messenger - WillyRayCyrus06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 11:17:29 PM »
You must disclose every college you have ever attended and provide transcripts from each. Your report will not be complete until they have transcripts from every school. If you fail to disclose a school you attended, either LSAC will figure it out through a national collegiate trancript clearing house, or you will get screwed come Bar Exam time because they will do a full background check and realize that you failed to disclose your full academic history. This will probably keep you from ever being able to pass the bar exam.
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Baylor ($Full$)
Pending: Harvard, Chicago, UVA, Northwestern, Emory, Tulane
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=wstaffor

Jiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 02:09:35 AM »
When one of my undergraduate school sent in my transcript they incorrectly coded the other undergraduate school I attended.  It looked like I had attended two other schools instead of one.  The names of the schools were very close and it was obvious what happened but I still had the indication of "undisclosed transcript" on my LSDAS.  I had to contact the school with the incorrect information which was frustrating because just reaching someone on the phone was next to impossible.  Finally, it was corrected, a corrected transcript was submitted and my report no longer indicated an "undisclosed transcript". 

NJHandyGirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you listening or are you waiting to talk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »
Oh yeah...each and every transcript!
I was in the Air Force and they automatically enroll you in the Comm. Coll of the AF...you get PE credits for basic training--stuff like that. Well, one of my schools used my computer applications credits towards my degree and I totally forgot about it! As a result, I got the big "undisclosed transcript" notice.
I just hope it doesn't matter that I took some Italian courses while stationed in Sicily! Could you imagine getting those 15 y/o transcripts!
Good luck!
Attending: Georgia State
I'm not a lawyer, I just watch one on TV.

carly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 10:39:44 AM »
I might have some insight on this one. I took a few college courses when I was in high school as a way to prepare for the AP exams, and I never used those courses for credit at my degree-granting institution. As a matter of fact, I have never even seen the transcript. I called the law school where I will be attending next year and asked if they need that transcript as well and they said no. They said that the only transcripts I need are those from colleges where I took courses that count towards my undergrad degree. They dont even want a copy of my graduate transcript, even though Ill probably send it to them anyways.

equal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 03:49:11 AM »
They said that the only transcripts I need are those from colleges where I took courses that count towards my undergrad degree. They dont even want a copy of my graduate transcript, even though Ill probably send it to them anyways.

Interesting...but what about LSAC?  Is this about a law school in America? I suppose I'll make my own inquires if it is. 

All this trouble for a dance class I failed.  For fun, seriously! It's driving me insane.

lava

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 03:33:02 PM »
Do schools even require transcripts for classes taken after undergrad?  I took a few spanish classes at a community college just for fun.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 03:47:42 PM »
Why do people keep posting these questions here and then ignoring the answer that everyone gives over and over?

YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE EVERY SINGLE TRANSCRIPT TO LSAC NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Your actual school may only request you mail the degree granting one to them, but LSAC wants them all and LSAC ins't optional.

If you want verification, contact LSAC.  You can do this via computer, phone or mail.