Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why isn't American ranked higher?  (Read 3895 times)

vagrant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Why isn't American ranked higher?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 04:59:15 PM »
I think I knew GMU because of its presence in patent law and its easy mental association with the other "Georges".

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2005, 05:37:33 PM »
DOWN WITH AMERICAN LOL......  Sorry, still puzzled at my rejection there.  Oh well, here I come GW!!!
Attending GW in Fall '06

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2005, 05:45:58 PM »
I wasn't really that familiar with American until my last couple of years in high school.  And to be honest, at that point I would have chosen GW over AU any day.  Now I'm happy that I went there for UG though I chose not to apply there for LS (I just wanted to look at a different geographical area--GMU was the only DC area school I applied to and I got rejected there so I think I've effectively accomplished my goal of going somewhere else).

vagrant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 06:07:17 PM »
since we appear to have regressed to middle school.. that was cool... "NOT"!

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2005, 06:08:57 PM »
wow, that's kinda fun to look at.  sort of like an optical illusion.  if i was stoned i could probably look at that for hours.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 03:19:20 PM »
See what I mean about AU's undergrad reputation.  It makes me so mad, because I received an absolutely first rate education there.   GW and Georgetown just refuse to make any room for another school to become as well-regarded as they are.  GRRRR.

I agree with you AU's education is excellent. Especially the School of International Studies... When did you graduate from AU?

I graduated in December 2003 from the School of Public Affairs with a BA in Justice.  Last year AU's SPA was ranked in the top 10 in the country for their graduate programs.  The school just does not get enough press.

You're right it doesn't. I graduated in Dec 01' from SIS with a BA in International Relations...
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

MrBadExample

• Who's the baddest? Sho nuff!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TheCornerRock
    • View Profile
    • supercalafragalisticexpealidocious.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 11:01:21 PM »
Because they've done a subpar job of actively manipulating the completely arbitrary ranking system.
DePaul Bound.
164 LSAT/2.8 GPA

Do not build much, for I intend to have you in ruins.                             -Rumi