Law School Discussion

Why isn't American ranked higher?

Re: Why isn't American ranked higher?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 02:59:15 PM »
I think I knew GMU because of its presence in patent law and its easy mental association with the other "Georges".

Erapitt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »
DOWN WITH AMERICAN LOL......  Sorry, still puzzled at my rejection there.  Oh well, here I come GW!!!

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2005, 03:45:58 PM »
I wasn't really that familiar with American until my last couple of years in high school.  And to be honest, at that point I would have chosen GW over AU any day.  Now I'm happy that I went there for UG though I chose not to apply there for LS (I just wanted to look at a different geographical area--GMU was the only DC area school I applied to and I got rejected there so I think I've effectively accomplished my goal of going somewhere else).

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 04:07:17 PM »
since we appear to have regressed to middle school.. that was cool... "NOT"!

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2005, 04:08:57 PM »
wow, that's kinda fun to look at.  sort of like an optical illusion.  if i was stoned i could probably look at that for hours.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 01:19:20 PM »
See what I mean about AU's undergrad reputation.  It makes me so mad, because I received an absolutely first rate education there.   GW and Georgetown just refuse to make any room for another school to become as well-regarded as they are.  GRRRR.

I agree with you AU's education is excellent. Especially the School of International Studies... When did you graduate from AU?

I graduated in December 2003 from the School of Public Affairs with a BA in Justice.  Last year AU's SPA was ranked in the top 10 in the country for their graduate programs.  The school just does not get enough press.

You're right it doesn't. I graduated in Dec 01' from SIS with a BA in International Relations...

MrBadExample

• Who's the baddest? Sho nuff!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TheCornerRock
    • View Profile
    • supercalafragalisticexpealidocious.
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 09:01:21 PM »
Because they've done a subpar job of actively manipulating the completely arbitrary ranking system.