Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 278523 times)

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's (Current Black Law Students)
« Reply #1120 on: August 04, 2005, 11:24:18 AM »
lol, I can't stop saying "joint" for the life of me and my friend had me saying "young" in college, my peoples at home just look at me like wtf did you just say and then i have to bring it back with a "that piece" or "son/dun"...lol

and Sands the comment about New Yorkers thinking that going to Jersey is taking a trip is sooooo true!

Yeah cats from Manhattan are the worst. They think Brooklyn is a whole other state.  Remember in sex & the city when Miranda and Steve decided to move to BK?  The rest of them were like, Brooklyn?  Where the hell is Brooklyn?  Do we have to catch a plane to get there?

Its right accross the bridge, geniuses. Just like Jersey.

You watch "Sex and the City" too! I was so ashamed  :D

faith2005

« Reply #1121 on: August 04, 2005, 11:26:57 AM »
that was such a funny episode. im not a nyer, but i can't find my way around bk to save my life, so i'm probably not that much better. i always have to ask my friends to meet me at the subway.

Lexington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 04, 2005, 11:38:08 AM »
Hola 2L's to be,

What kind of software do you all use for note taking?  I've been using the trial version of Microsoft OneNote all summer and it's great but, I'm wondering if there's anything else I should check out before I spring for the full version. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Lexington  :)
"I take summers off cuz I love winter beef..." NAS

faith2005

« Reply #1123 on: August 04, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
hey lexington, did you decide about schools? i hope everything has worked out for the best! i don't know anything about onenote. anyone care to elighten me. why don't people just take notes on word?

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 04, 2005, 11:49:42 AM »
Hola 2L's to be,

What kind of software do you all use for note taking?  I've been using the trial version of Microsoft OneNote all summer and it's great but, I'm wondering if there's anything else I should check out before I spring for the full version. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Use what helps you stay organized best.  I tried a couple of the note-taking software products, including One Note and ended up going right back to MS Word.  After a while, I started just taking notes in outline form and modifying them slighly (taking out notes to self, other unnecessary garbage) to make my final outline.  But do what works for you!  You'll learn soon enough what does and what doesn't.
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

Lexington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 04, 2005, 11:59:48 AM »
I started with Word but found that One Note was just a lot more convenient. I kept losing notes in Word because I'd forget to save and then I had to keep naming and re-naming documents.  I thought it was just a pain in the arse!  One Note is a LOT easier for me because it saves automatically and arranges your classes as tabs at the top and then you have "pages" within each tab.  So I could have a page that was all class notes and then a separate page for my briefs or outline or whatever.  I still wanted to test out some other products though...

Faith: School's pretty much all worked out, finally!  I'll PM you in a sec.

"I take summers off cuz I love winter beef..." NAS

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 04, 2005, 12:15:01 PM »
I started with Word but found that One Note was just a lot more convenient. I kept losing notes in Word because I'd forget to save and then I had to keep naming and re-naming documents.  I thought it was just a pain in the arse!  One Note is a LOT easier for me because it saves automatically and arranges your classes as tabs at the top and then you have "pages" within each tab.  So I could have a page that was all class notes and then a separate page for my briefs or outline or whatever.  I still wanted to test out some other products though...

Faith: School's pretty much all worked out, finally!  I'll PM you in a sec.

Good to see Lexington's smile this early in the day ;D  I agree OneNote is kinda cool I went on and sprung for the full version...I like how you can record right along with the text and how it organizes notes...It also allows you to search all of your notes for particular words i.e Mens Rea or some other foreign word...
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

faith2005

« Reply #1127 on: August 04, 2005, 12:55:38 PM »
you know what y'all? i feel like girls gone wild. i am so scared of what law school is going to do that i've been trying to go somewhere almost every night for the past couple of weeks. i mean like out late. does anybody else feel this way?   :D

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 04, 2005, 12:57:41 PM »
you know what y'all? i feel like girls gone wild. i am so scared of what law school is going to do that i've been trying to go somewhere almost every night for the past couple of weeks. i mean like out late. does anybody else feel this way?   :D

I just been drinking a lot.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 04, 2005, 01:05:02 PM »
I just use MS word. Most people in my class did, too. Do what works for you . . .if you like one note, then use it.  It will be much better if you do what is comfortable for you. Good luck Lexington, and I'm glad things have worked out for you as far as schools!  :)

Hola 2L's to be,

Thanks.

Use what helps you stay organized best. I tried a couple of the note-taking software products, including One Note and ended up going right back to MS Word. After a while, I started just taking notes in outline form and modifying them slighly (taking out notes to self, other unnecessary garbage) to make my final outline. But do what works for you! You'll learn soon enough what does and what doesn't.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!