Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 270030 times)

"That One"

• View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4860 on: November 09, 2008, 10:32:32 PM »
You know you're in law school when you edit your text messages for grammatical errors.  That is all (lol).
fixt ;)

HAHA YES!!! I did that on purpose LOL.  I rest my case.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: November 09, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »
Nah, that's just a sign of being anal ;).  I know plenty of lawyers and law students who are poor grammarians.  These are the same people who think Bluebooking is hell on earth.  I rather enjoy it.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: November 10, 2008, 12:32:24 AM »
Nah, that's just a sign of being anal ;).  I know plenty of lawyers and law students who are poor grammarians.  These are the same people who think Bluebooking is hell on earth.  I rather enjoy it.

Says the Law Review editor.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: November 10, 2008, 06:18:38 AM »
lol touche

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: November 10, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
You know you're in law school when you edit your text messages for grammatical errors.  That is all (lol).
fixt ;)

HAHA YES!!! I did that on purpose LOL.  I rest my case.

:D  I was wondering how you missed that given your comment, so I fretted over whether to correct it or not.  LOL!  I'm convinced that if this law thing doesn't work out, I'd try to be an editor of some sort!  lol

I had no idea!  Congrats!!!
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: November 10, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »

lol touche

dude, i didn't even know any of this.  belated congrats!
Columbia 3L

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: November 10, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »
Thanks!  Although you'll have to forgive this old man for being amused by the congrats for making law review 2.5 years ago :D.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: November 11, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »
Thanks!  Although you'll have to forgive this old man for being amused by the congrats for making law review 2.5 years ago :D.

Hey that's one thing that never seems to get old though in our profession oddly enough.  I've been in practice for over a year and recruiters still call me talking about "I see you made law review. Congrats."   :D
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

greenplaid

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: November 11, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

Hey that's one thing that never seems to get old though in our profession oddly enough.  I've been in practice for over a year and recruiters still call me talking about "I see you made law review. Congrats."   :D

Hats off to you both.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: November 11, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »
Also, y'all neglected to warn a brother about future interests and poo. property's a bee-yotch. Got me sittin' in class like  ??? Y'all some duty breachin' mofos. ;D :D

Gilbert's Property Summary was a complete lifesaver for me when it came to understanding present and future interests.  My prof made the subject unnecessarily complicated, and Gilbert's breaks it down for you so well that you'll wonder why you were ever confused in the first place.  No matter what school or prof you have, I think Gilbert's Prop is one of the best ways to grasp possessory interests well enough to make sense of the stuff your prof is trying to communicate in class!  It presents the basic doctrine in a clear, succinct, but impeccably thorough manner!  You should easily be able to incorporate this book into your class/exam prep w/o feeling like you're trying to read a treatise in addition to your regular assignments.

Run, don't walk to get your own copy and see for yourself!!!  It looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Gilbert-Law-Summaries-Jesse-Dukeminier/dp/0159007739

I wasn't using a Prop casebook written by Dukeminier, and yet this summary was still the most helpful I've found! 

I found "Workbook on Estates and Future Interests" extremely helpful. Has an excellent section on the RAP as well. I'm using this as my casebook at this point. I haven't read Property in weeks and understand (at least in class) better than my classmates who are still married to the casebook. For fellow and future 1Ls, the link is below.

http://www.amazon.com/Workbook-Estates-Interests-American-Casebook/dp/031418144X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226425979&sr=8-1

oh yeah, and congrats on law review :P