Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 262590 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4820 on: September 24, 2008, 05:49:20 PM »
here's some nice 1L *&^%

It's 2:43 AM and I'm still working on my closed memo.

lol, I actually miss those days.

You must be a masochist.  I finished that joint at about 5:30. Dropped it off at 8, and unabashedly went to civ pro without reading nary a word of today's assignment.

Lol.  Trust me, during the closed memo days I was on here complaining every step of the way!  Grueling!   But in relation to the "open memo", most folks find the closed memo somewhat easier.     
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: September 24, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
Ha, I'd love a "closed memo."  But alas, I've left Law School Land.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »
here's some nice 1L *&^%

You must be a masochist.  I finished that joint at about 5:30. Dropped it off at 8, and unabashedly went to civ pro without reading nary a word of today's assignment.

Lol.  Trust me, during the closed memo days I was on here complaining every step of the way!  Grueling!   But in relation to the "open memo", most folks find the closed memo somewhat easier.     

Just got the open memo fact pattern, so I'll be on here complaining for the next month.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: September 24, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »

LMAO.  This is my story.
Michigan 2L

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: September 25, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »
here's some nice 1L *&^%

Just got the open memo fact pattern, so I'll be on here complaining for the next month.

Feel free.  That's what we're for  :)

I complained almost every day!!!   I remember PMing either blk, smu, or Sands describing the mess out of the fact pattern and the potential cause of action but I couldn't put my finger on what it was called.   

me: "It's right on the tip of my tongue.  you know what's it called when a stupid kid goes onto someone's property because they're attacted to something on there.  Like a pool or construction materials or something."

one of them (blk, smu, or sands I forget which because I bothered all of them the first few weeks):  "ummm, you are thinking of attractive nuisance."

me:  "Yeah! That was it."  Saved me some hours researching.   ;D  But even if it didn't, it sure was nice having someone to gripe to.

a note on the open memo:  don't be like other stupid folks (like me  :-\) and jump right into the cases by putting in a few words as a westlaw or lexis search.  You may miss out on some cases that way.  You need to look it up in a secondary source first-  you'll find a lot more information. Then you could always get help from the helpdesk or whatever they're called on westlaw to properly search for more.     

LOL, word!     
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: September 29, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »

lol, i wish all my memos were closed.
YLS c/o 2009

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #4826 on: October 08, 2008, 09:49:04 PM »
Here's one for the 1L's straight from the West Coast Gansta-Law Students:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBTba2J6OKI

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: October 09, 2008, 01:00:02 AM »
The open memo sucks too, but not as much because I actually feel like I know what I'm doing this time around.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: October 10, 2008, 07:39:58 AM »
And another thing...this whole 1L *&^% is a really like hazing. I haven't been this sleep-deprived since I pledged.