Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 279374 times)

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2005, 03:15:34 PM »
bump for my unreads

shiveringjenny

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2005, 06:01:27 PM »

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
?
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2005, 01:18:06 AM »
what's all this bump for unreads business
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2005, 09:44:20 PM »
Bubbazzz- Nice to know bruh  ;D And I see we have another Eastcoaster on here.

Sands-did u expect anything different from Cardozo?

No.  Cardozo isn't so bad, its just that all these damn Supreme Court Justices can talk for days when it comes to the opinions.  Our Con Law prof. is now assigning us into groups and everyday 2 groups will go at it and the rest of the class gets to be the judge as to who won the argument over whatever case we're doing.   And guess which case my group argues in 4 weeks?  None other than Grutter v. Bolinger!!!  Take no prisoners BIIIIATCH!!!

I'm starting to get my mojo back.  How's everybody else feeling this semester?
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2005, 12:04:07 PM »
It was tough to go straight back into it after 5 weeks off. I remember, when i first sat down to read my first case after break, i TOTALLY FORGOT HOW TO READ A CASE!! no joke, i was like, uh, what do i look for? it was ugly. now im back into it, tearing it up like jackie chan on red bull.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2005, 12:30:48 PM »
It was tough to go straight back into it after 5 weeks off. I remember, when i first sat down to read my first case after break, i TOTALLY FORGOT HOW TO READ A CASE!! no joke, i was like, uh, what do i look for? it was ugly. now im back into it, tearing it up like jackie chan on red bull.

:D That's hilarious, I feel you though. I didn't forget, it just took me forever! Tell me this, are you still briefing or just book briefing? From what I know from the cats at my school, it's 50/50.

EDIT: You had 5 weeks off! I only got 3 1/2  :(

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2005, 04:50:14 PM »
book-brief all the way. briefing, for me at least, takes up way too much time. why am i going to re-write all that stuff if its right there and all i need to do is highlight it, and write in the margins? i stopped briefing 2nd week into law school. yes, a brief does help a lot if u get called on. but i don't really feel it helps that much with finals.

and oh yeah......i hate con law.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2005, 07:30:13 PM »
Ah yes, the ultimate debate.  To brief, or not to brief...that is the question.

To be honest, I breifed 100% all the way thru the first semester, and honestly it didn't f*ckin help that much.  Like Bubbazzz said, its for when you get called on in class.  But other than those famous cases like Palsgraff you're really not transporting too many of those breifs into your outline, which is of course what its all about.  The outline.

Now I do a mixture of both.  I do a short brief just for class that points me to pages in the book where I have placed my notes in the margines.  I find that in order to understand some of these cases I have to take it paragraph by paragraph and translate it into my own words, of course, skipping over the paragraphs which ain't talkin about sh!t, which is usually about 90% of the opinion. 

Nowadays its all about the notes AFTER the case anyway.  That's where my Civ Pro and my Con Law professor get most of the class discussion from.  They whiz thru the cases just so they can get to the notes.  So I make sure I'm up on those notes so a bruh can at least try to look intelligent in class. My Civ Pro cold called this one cat, and ya boy's face lit up red like a stop light cuz he was totally unprepared...the prof. let him stumble around for a while, look like a complete fool, and then before he could get his first sentence out the Prof. called on somebody else right in cat's face. But the story doesn't stop there.  Don't you know my prof. called on the EXACT SAME CAT the very next day?  And WHY was this mafucka not prepared AGAIN???????? Two days in a row!  How do you not know sh!t two days in a row?
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2005, 11:10:38 AM »
NO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!
Charles H. Houston

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2005, 02:21:03 PM »
U KNOW IT!!!!! i was gonna use this day to start my persuasive memo, but u know what? im takin the day off! F-this $hit! im loungin on the couch and doin nothing - nada, zilch!

except for con law - god i hate that class.