Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 277035 times)

1LWhit

Re: 1L's
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 01:30:57 PM »
My #1 complaint about law school...Uncle Toms!

There is this one black 1L and I swear...he goes out of his way to be in every white person's face!  When he comes into the library he can't just sit his ass down and crack open a book, he has to make about 6 stops at tables and kiss white ass.  I swear...he makes me sick and he won't even SPEAK to black people.  He just looks straight through us!  But you know what's funny?  During exam time he was studying all alone...the white people left his ass high and dry...LOL!

Another thing...there is this Latina girl that looks down on me, gives me bad looks, bit my head off in a negotiation exercise and gives me dirty looks when I get called on in class.  I saw her resume and guess what her GPA is???  A 2.73!!!!  Dumb chick doesn't even have a 3.00!!!  Ha ha ha...I'm smarter than you are!!!  LOL!  (btw...that's why you never tell your grades!)

1LWhit - are you stupid!

I couldn't imagine going to that school.  I need my fam here or else I wouldn't make it!

That wasn't nice!  Are you sure you aren't one of the jerks that attends this hell hole I call law school?????

maricutie

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 03:09:12 PM »
Adding this to my unreads.

Contributing to the conversation, however:

I feel like so much depends on the specific law school you'll be attending and the professor to make a rigorous PLS II plan kind of useless. Right now I'm just kinda reading up on the general areas of law to get familiar with the elementary concepts, and hope to remember the briefing skills I learned in one of my rhetoric classes back in the day. Of course, a month or so before law school I'm going to be biting my nails and wondering if I did the right thing, but ah, well.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 03:18:52 PM »
My #1 complaint about law school...Uncle Toms!

There is this one black 1L and I swear...he goes out of his way to be in every white person's face!  When he comes into the library he can't just sit his ass down and crack open a book, he has to make about 6 stops at tables and kiss white ass.  I swear...he makes me sick and he won't even SPEAK to black people.  He just looks straight through us!  But you know what's funny?  During exam time he was studying all alone...the white people left his ass high and dry...LOL!

Another thing...there is this Latina girl that looks down on me, gives me bad looks, bit my head off in a negotiation exercise and gives me dirty looks when I get called on in class.  I saw her resume and guess what her GPA is???  A 2.73!!!!  Dumb chick doesn't even have a 3.00!!!  Ha ha ha...I'm smarter than you are!!!  LOL!  (btw...that's why you never tell your grades!)

1LWhit - are you stupid!

I couldn't imagine going to that school.  I need my fam here or else I wouldn't make it!

That wasn't nice!  Are you sure you aren't one of the jerks that attends this hell hole I call law school?????

C'mon Kansas City

Stupid = Silly

Maybe I've been out on the east coast too long, my lingo is no longer recognizable to my fellow midwesterners
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 03:22:07 PM »
C'mon Kansas City

Stupid = Silly

Maybe I've been out on the east coast too long, my lingo is no longer recognizable to my fellow midwesterners

Haha. I used to call u stupid all the time and u thought I was being rude at first.........is it really an east coast thing?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 03:43:19 PM »
C'mon Kansas City

Stupid = Silly

Haha. I used to call u stupid all the time and u thought I was being rude at first.........is it really an east coast thing?

east coast, son.  mad stupid, yo.  fresh.  word. 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Regal_Muse

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2005, 05:10:11 PM »
Redman is an alcoholic...

Look at his avatar...Getting an early start? LOL

1LWhit- Why the black guy gotta be an uncle tom? Maybe the black people are your school are buttholes LOL.

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 09:58:38 PM »
C'mon Kansas City

Stupid = Silly

yo my man - its spelled with two D's!! MADD!!! MADD STUPID!! nah, just playin.
i am a big fan of alcohol myself, actually, i am drinking right now as i type this and try to discern this 27 page planned parenthood v. carey case.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 10:07:37 PM »
C'mon Kansas City

Stupid = Silly

yo my man - its spelled with two D's!! MADD!!! MADD STUPID!! nah, just playin.
i am a big fan of alcohol myself, actually, i am drinking right now as i type this and try to discern this 27 page planned parenthood v. carey case.

:D If you don't mind me asking, where are you going to school? And if you're in Property II, you may have to recall RAP again, as that mofo mind end up on the final exam  :P, I'm not sure yet, I haven't perused any of my profs old finals yet.

Don't get me started on drinking................

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2005, 11:31:45 PM »
i go to albany. nope, there is no more RAP in property. we only talk about future interests when we discuss deeds. other than tthat, nothing. our prof told us we dont have to worry about the RAP till the bar.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2005, 09:34:09 AM »
Bubbazzz - that's wsup.  You guys must have done Roe v Wade already if you're talkin about Planned Parenthood.  We're still back in the old days in my Con Law class; around the 1930's.  These cats are pissin me off.  It says clear as day in the Constitution, a State shall pass NO LAW doing XYZ and then here come the Supreme Court talkin about that's true, unless they pass a law doing XYZ and ABC.  Where the f*ck did ABC come from?  Who said a gotdamn thing about ABC?  Quit makin up sh!t, Cardozo!!!  Take your ass back to Palsgraff.
Charles H. Houston