Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 276872 times)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4710 on: October 10, 2007, 11:18:17 PM »
Er, and what's the recommended supplement for evidence?  I loved glannon for civ pro, chirelstein for ks, etc.  Is there a go-to supplement for ev?
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: October 10, 2007, 11:19:46 PM »
You know you're a law student when:

My sister sent me one of those stupid chain emails where you change one letter in the previous word to make a new word.  Her word was sort.  The first word that immediately came to mind?  Tort.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: October 10, 2007, 11:22:18 PM »
property is my favorite as well and i dont see whats so tough either. everyone kept saying adverse possession is hard we did that in like a day whats so hard about it? defeasible fees, future interest and RAP was much more difficult to grasp imo

Lemme know when you guys get to recording.  I think you'll change your mind.  I didn't like property at all.

Or maybe we'll just like property  :D  We covered recording statutes in my b law class, real estate licensing exam and trust exam, so it's not like I've never seen in before!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: October 10, 2007, 11:26:31 PM »
property is my favorite as well and i dont see whats so tough either. everyone kept saying adverse possession is hard we did that in like a day whats so hard about it? defeasible fees, future interest and RAP was much more difficult to grasp imo

Lemme know when you guys get to recording.  I think you'll change your mind.  I didn't like property at all.

Or maybe we'll just like property  :D  We covered recording statutes in my b law class, real estate licensing exam and trust exam, so it's not like I've never seen in before!

LOL.  They're fun, enjoy!  My fav as a 1L was def civ pro.  I had to get past the "wait, i gotta know all these rules?!" phase but once I did I actually started to enjoy it
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
Er, and what's the recommended supplement for evidence?  I loved glannon for civ pro, chirelstein for ks, etc.  Is there a go-to supplement for ev?

Evidence was definitely one of my favorite classes in law school hands down.  It just puts things into perspective like "remember all that law we just taught you during 1L?....Well this is how you get it into court! (or keep it out for the other guy!)"

The E&E for Evidence is cool but is not quite the truth & the light like it was for Civ Pro.  Evidence is the first time I went to the audio tapes.  I think I still have them in mp3 if you want me to forward 'em over.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: October 11, 2007, 10:42:14 AM »

The PMBR CDs were great for Evidence.  PM me your email address.  I actually have a print out of it & a really good outline.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: October 11, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »

Evidence was definitely one of my favorite classes in law school hands down.  It just puts things into perspective like "remember all that law we just taught you during 1L?....Well this is how you get it into court! (or keep it out for the other guy!)"

The E&E for Evidence is cool but is not quite the truth & the light like it was for Civ Pro.  Evidence is the first time I went to the audio tapes.  I think I still have them in mp3 if you want me to forward 'em over.

Sands, please forward the evidence mp3 my way too. Thanks in advance.

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: October 11, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »
I think the PMBR CDS are the best for evidence.  You can probably buy a copy from Ebay for 20.00 or less.

If you can get ahold of the PMBR red book with the outline inside that would be great as well. 

The PMBR CDs were great for Evidence.  PM me your email address.  I actually have a print out of it & a really good outline.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: October 12, 2007, 09:31:50 AM »
Really? I wish I knew that then.  I just copied it from the CDs @ the school's library.  The some one gave me an actual print out of the CDs so I could read while listening.  Really random some dude that was studying for the bar ran up to me and was like here-  gave me all this stuff.  I guess he was frustrated that he bought all this stuff but didn't really need it for the bar-  but I'm still wondering who the heck had time to actually print out the transcript of the PMBR Evidence CDs?  They even have the time on there..like Hearsay is 5:24 into the 4th CD.  If anybody wants lemme know.       

I think the PMBR CDS are the best for evidence.  You can probably buy a copy from Ebay for 20.00 or less.

If you can get ahold of the PMBR red book with the outline inside that would be great as well. 

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: October 12, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
Really? I wish I knew that then.  I just copied it from the CDs @ the school's library.  The some one gave me an actual print out of the CDs so I could read while listening.  Really random some dude that was studying for the bar ran up to me and was like here-  gave me all this stuff.  I guess he was frustrated that he bought all this stuff but didn't really need it for the bar-  but I'm still wondering who the heck had time to actually print out the transcript of the PMBR Evidence CDs?  They even have the time on there..like Hearsay is 5:24 into the 4th CD.  If anybody wants lemme know.       

Cui bono please share the loot with me. My evidence exams is in four weeks, need all the help I can get.