Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 278624 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4620 on: July 10, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
nature of the case, can't ask anyone in my school  :-\ :-X  But you've given me an idea,  thanks

If you go to school in the area where you were injured, ask a torts professor. Normally the profs have a good idea of good attorneys that are practicing in their area of expertise. Or someone else in the legal profession that you know that might be trustworthy and might know of someone.

Random question but how do u find a good (free, one of those lawyers that only gets paid if you win) civil attorney-  personal injury?  I may be involved in a lawsuit shortly (as a P).
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: July 18, 2007, 07:10:28 PM »
this thread is approved.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: July 21, 2007, 10:22:03 AM »
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: July 28, 2007, 07:53:49 AM »
Anybody read the Buffalo Creek Disaster?

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: July 28, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »
I did for my civ pro class, we were required to read it before first day of class, what's up?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: July 28, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
I did for my civ pro class, we were required to read it before first day of class, what's up?
For civ pro?  It was a good book--just finished it.  I'm mad that they settled for that amount though.  Should've stuck to his guns especially considering how much the firm took.

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: July 28, 2007, 04:40:22 PM »
Good book indeed, read it twice. Well..in hindsight we always wish we did something different, I believe the partners were ready to settle for way less than the final figure. It was still considered a huge settlement in those days. Don't even know if they actually got the money or if teh company filed bankruptcy.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: July 28, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »
Good book indeed, read it twice. Well..in hindsight we always wish we did something different, I believe the partners were ready to settle for way less than the final figure. It was still considered a huge settlement in those days. Don't even know if they actually got the money or if teh company filed bankruptcy.

yeah they were, but still.  I would have respected them more if they had negotiated their attorneys fees outside of the settlement--there seems something misleading about saying they were working probono then taking almost 1/4th of the settlement.

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: July 28, 2007, 04:57:13 PM »
I felt exactly the same way, so did a lot of people I have discussed it with. We felt this way probably because we are both human, and mad at the way the whole thing went down. Asking for more could have lead to two uncertain scenarios:1) the company might have had to file bankruptcy and leave them with nothing, or 2) they will go to trial, and you can never predict the jury, worst case scenario, the jury will be mad as hell and award an unrealistic amount, thus bringing them back to scenario one above.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: July 28, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »
I felt exactly the same way, so did a lot of people I have discussed it with. We felt this way probably because we are both human, and mad at the way the whole thing went down. Asking for more could have lead to two uncertain scenarios:1) the company might have had to file bankruptcy and leave them with nothing, or 2) they will go to trial, and you can never predict the jury, worst case scenario, the jury will be mad as hell and award an unrealistic amount, thus bringing them back to scenario one above.

it could have--but I don't think 3k more would have lead to their bankruptcy.  they seem to be doing ok.  http://www.pittston.com/corporateinformation/history.html