Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 269690 times)

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4440 on: February 26, 2007, 09:22:27 PM »
Just checking in as usual. If some of you are the same cats that were applying from the 2005 cycle (2Ls now), hello! So, tonight I just found out that I've been named the next Chief Notes & Comments Editor of my law journal! I'm super excited to earn a top 6 position and hopefully (aside from the fact that I like my journal) put me in a better position for a federal clerkship.  :) Hope you all are doing well.

PS Anyone heard from Mobell or BlkReign lately?
congrats Scurvy--keep up the good work

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: February 26, 2007, 09:25:43 PM »
mo money, mo money, mo money!!! :D 

you got the raise?  congrats

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: February 26, 2007, 10:11:40 PM »
Just checking in as usual. If some of you are the same cats that were applying from the 2005 cycle (2Ls now), hello! So, tonight I just found out that I've been named the next Chief Notes & Comments Editor of my law journal! I'm super excited to earn a top 6 position and hopefully (aside from the fact that I like my journal) put me in a better position for a federal clerkship.  :) Hope you all are doing well.

Congrats! It's been a long time since I've seen you on. How the hell are you?!
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: March 01, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
mo money, mo money, mo money!!! :D 

you got the raise?  congrats

Naw I was responding to Acli's article here about more associates than ever before... but yeah you're also correct b/c they shot us a memo a few weeks back saying we got the infamous $160k raise also so gotta give the thumbs up for that too.

ATTENTIONAL ALL 3L's IN THE AREA:

PASS THE BAR EXAM!

The Metropolitan Black Bar Association Invites

Law Students & Bar Candidates to Attend

A One Day Course

“How to Successfully Prepare for the Bar Exam!”

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Fordham University School of Law

140 West 62nd Street

Room: McNally Amphitheatre

Time: 9 a. m—6:00 p. m.

THIS EVENT IS FREE!!

FREE COURSE MATERIALS WILL B E GIVEN ONLY TO THOSE WHO RSVP!

E-mail Natasha at ndemosth@hotmail.com or Call (646) 271-7521

Professor Nerissa Skillman, a national expert on teaching students how to excel in law school and on bar exams will present her Basic Bar Preparation Course to graduating law students and bar candidates.  Professor Skillman, an African American, has figured out how to teach students how to successfully prepare for and pass a bar exam.  A graduate of U. C. Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, she has presented her courses to more than twenty-thousand students nationwide.  Her course has been sponsored by  numerous ABA law schools, state bar examiners, including the Massachusetts State Bar Association,  and various legal employers, including Legal Aid Society of New York City and the King’s County District Attorney.

SEE YOU ON MARCH 3, 2007!!!!!

Directions By Subway
The A, B, C, D, 1, and 9 subway trains all stop at 59th Street/Columbus Circle. The campus is located towards the west.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: March 03, 2007, 08:24:12 PM »

Congrats! It's been a long time since I've seen you on. How the hell are you?!

Thanks! I'm doing well. How about you? Now that you've made it through, what are you plans? BTW thanks for your encouragement early on!

Speaking of money, I got the raise, too. My firm was one of the within 24 hours piggy-backers. The best part is that they're going to pay the summers accordingly!

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: March 15, 2007, 05:19:39 PM »
Question for ya'll-  I know it "depends on the person" but on average, how many pages are your outlines?

My property outline is looking kinda thick!
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

lawschoolgeek69

• View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: March 16, 2007, 11:03:40 PM »
i personally think that civ pro does not suck. k sucks because the basic application of it sucks. at the 1L level, it's difficult to disconcern what we're really talking about. it's to abscure and obscene! you could replace the words for numbers and it make more sense. should it be left at its most basic level so that the only people who really get it are rich white folks?

honestly, i think someone needs to write a killer k book that carefully maps the theortical to the application and us black folk will get it.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: March 16, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »
i personally think that civ pro does not suck. k sucks because the basic application of it sucks. at the 1L level, it's difficult to disconcern what we're really talking about. it's to abscure and obscene! you could replace the words for numbers and it make more sense. should it be left at its most basic level so that the only people who really get it are rich white folks?

honestly, i think someone needs to write a killer k book that carefully maps the theortical to the application and us black folk will get it.

What's so abscure and difficult to disconcern about contracts?

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: March 17, 2007, 10:29:19 PM »
maiine -  K does suck!  Civ pro-  I actually like it. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: March 19, 2007, 05:40:39 PM »
Interesting, out of my three substantive classes this semester, Crim, Con Law and K, K is the only one class I am yet to fall asleep once. It is my fave so far..until the grades come out...;)