Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 276958 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4430 on: February 03, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »
I read that--I'm reinforcing that thought.  Run.

yeah?  okeedokee will do.  Should be interesting. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: February 04, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
Agree. Stop complaining and run.  Gotdamnit, now get in there and kick some ass!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: February 04, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »
Agree. Stop complaining and run.  Gotdamnit, now get in there and kick some ass!

DDDDammit, maiiine...I am!    :D :D :D  Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, ya'll.  'preciate it.   ;D 
Not the only thing that I'm going out for so, things will prolly get interesting in a few.  Will keep ya'll posted on how it goes.   :)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: February 05, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »
This might be of interest to some people, although, of course, each report is only as good as its response rate:

http://www.lsmr.org/report/

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: February 16, 2007, 10:27:39 AM »
Hello all:
Looking for good K, Con Law & Crim Outlines. If any of you have any of these outlines, please do share with me. My email is Jontor7@gmail.com
Thanks in advance

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: February 20, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
You have to be very suspicious of anybody who is willing to go to shady lengths in order to be head of a student organization.  It really isn't that serious.  It supposed to be a position of service.  If they really feel that passionately about serving their fellow students that hats off to 'em, but if they're thinking this is something to put on the resume then they're wasting their time.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: February 21, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
Just checking in as usual. If some of you are the same cats that were applying from the 2005 cycle (2Ls now), hello! So, tonight I just found out that I've been named the next Chief Notes & Comments Editor of my law journal! I'm super excited to earn a top 6 position and hopefully (aside from the fact that I like my journal) put me in a better position for a federal clerkship.  :) Hope you all are doing well.

PS Anyone heard from Mobell or BlkReign lately?

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: February 21, 2007, 01:16:31 AM »
Just checking in as usual. If some of you are the same cats that were applying from the 2005 cycle (2Ls now), hello! So, tonight I just found out that I've been named the next Chief Notes & Comments Editor of my law journal! I'm super excited to earn a top 6 position and hopefully (aside from the fact that I like my journal) put me in a better position for a federal clerkship.  :) Hope you all are doing well.

PS Anyone heard from Mobell or BlkReign lately?

Congrats! I saw Mobell today. She still posts in BLSD.
YLS c/o 2009

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: February 26, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »
Good Times for 2Ls
Posted by Ashby Jones

Law Blog readers, we put it to you: Has there ever been a better time to be a second-year law student?

Why do we ask? According to an article in the National Law Journal, several of the nation’s top law firms are hiring more summer associates for the upcoming season, with a few bringing aboard significantly greater numbers of would-be lawyers than in years past.

Take Kirkland & Ellis. The firm is boosting its summer associate ranks by 19.9% in 2007, to a total of 229 students, says the NLJ. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, the 1,915-attorney New York firm, says it’s expecting 292 summer associates, an increase of 35.2% compared with 2006. “We had a great recruiting year, we have lots of work and there’s room for everyone,” said Carol Sprague, legal hiring director at Skadden.

What accounts for the boom? According to the NLJ, it’s partly due to an explosion in business at big law firms, many of whom are reporting record growth for 2006.

Meanwhile, the firms are having to search high and low to find the newbies. Law schools continue to churn out about the same number of graduates: some 40,000 each year. Meanwhile, the number of applicants is dropping, by 6.3% last year and by 5.2% the year before, according to the Law School Admission Council.

That means good news for a bunch of law schools, like Northeastern’s law school, which for the first time welcomed the firm now known as K&L Gates, Chicago’s Seyfarth Shaw and New York’s Proskauer Rose. Dechert paid an inaugural visit to the University of Pittsburgh law school. Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft also collected resumes for the first time at the school.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/02/23/good-times-for-2ls/

In other words, 2Ls rock 8).

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: February 26, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »
mo money, mo money, mo money!!! :D 
Charles H. Houston