Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 279438 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #3960 on: October 23, 2006, 06:34:37 PM »
All this stuff sounds really on point.  The problem I was running into was they want to tell me non-law related stuff about themselves and other ppl in our section and I'm kinda like "yeah..that's nice...  :-\... but how about that Rule 12 (b) (6)?"   :D   Once they get back on track, they really are helpful but lawd, I feel like I steer the group.   :-\ :-X

The thing I find most helpful are the review sessions orchestrated by  BLSA.   We have these 6 hour power sessions every couple of weeks.  But I'd like some "meat" to tide me over until the next power session... dont exactly know how to get that  across to the "study group". 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: October 24, 2006, 12:25:48 AM »
I'm a Civ Pro wiz. I thought it was difficult but I definitely excelled in it and remember it the most. It's also my favorite subject. I highly recommend the Sum & Substance Audio CDs by Arthur Miller. I'd also be happy to give anyone my Civ Pro flowcharts and outlines. (Remember that when using someone else's notes who did not take your professor, to adjust as neeeded.)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: October 24, 2006, 07:54:05 AM »
I'm a Civ Pro wiz. I thought it was difficult but I definitely excelled in it and remember it the most. It's also my favorite subject. I highly recommend the Sum & Substance Audio CDs by Arthur Miller. I'd also be happy to give anyone my Civ Pro flowcharts and outlines. (Remember that when using someone else's notes who did not take your professor, to adjust as neeeded.)

Seriously?  I'd like to take you up on that offer if it still stands.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: October 24, 2006, 09:02:11 AM »
she's serious.. Scurvy's the homey :)

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: October 24, 2006, 12:17:40 PM »
That's wussup.   :)

she's serious.. Scurvy's the homey :)

M DOT

« Reply #3965 on: October 25, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »
does anyone have any suggestions on study aides for property & con law (i know you just need to read for con law essentially, but its all about working smarter and not harder :))

thanks in advance.....

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: October 25, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »
Edited

for property Property: Examples and Explanations 2nd ed.2004 Burke and Snoe  or Real Property in a Nutshell. 3d ed.  Roger Bernhardt

for con law Understanding Constitutional Law, 3rd ed. Redlich, Attanasio, and Goldstein (i had the 02 version.. but it was updated in 05 so I'd get that one if I were u) or  Constitutional Law in a Nutshell. 4th ed. Barron, Jerome A. and Dienes, C. Thomas.

does anyone have any suggestions on study aides for property & con law (i know you just need to read for con law essentially, but its all about working smarter and not harder :))

thanks in advance.....
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: October 25, 2006, 12:46:29 PM »
For property I'd go with Gilbert's on Property (J. Dukeminier).

Con Law I don't get to take until next year.   >:(

BUT, we are registering for our Spring elective in a week.

Unfortunately, I can't take Public Interest Lawyering with Lani Guinier, Religion and the First Amendment with Martha Nussbaum, Admin Law with Cass Sunstein, or Free Speech Theory with Tushnet.

But I can take Foreign Relations Law with Jack Goldsmith, Race Relations Law with Randy Kennedy, Evidence, or Complex Litigation.

I'm gonna bid in that order.  Hoping I end up with FoPo Law or Race Relations.  Evidence and Complex Lit sound like work!

lacoste
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

crazy8

« Reply #3968 on: October 25, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »
L-

I would check to see if there's a high court supplement written toward your textbook.  I've found high court (for crim law) particularly useful.  Can't speak for property or con law.

M DOT

« Reply #3969 on: October 25, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »
md, yeah ill def have my fingers crossed for a texts in both subjects that are keyed to case briefs.....

thanks blk...

1L's at my school are limited to picking stat-reg courses for 2nd semester, i can't wait till 2L. Law and Institutions of the European Union is looking pretty sexy right about now, lol