Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 272451 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #3910 on: October 12, 2006, 03:42:07 PM »
As usual, only popping in when I have news. My summer is set! I will be on the West Coast at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 30 on the Vault) and in Houston at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 10 on the Vault).

The Houston firm has been my dream firm since I started school--I just didn't think I'd ever get in! Woo hoo!

(Sorry, for leaving out details, I've gotten really touchy about being google-able lately.)

Hope you're all kicking ass and taking names as well!

CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the good work.  Best of luck with the summer at the two firms.

Must be something in the water because I also just received my full time offer upon graduation from a large firm in NYC (different from the one I worked for this summer) so provided God blesses with again with passing the bar I will officially be starting my legal career in NY next September. 

Congrats to both of ya!  That's really good stuff to hear.   :)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: October 12, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »
As usual, only popping in when I have news. My summer is set! I will be on the West Coast at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 30 on the Vault) and in Houston at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 10 on the Vault).

The Houston firm has been my dream firm since I started school--I just didn't think I'd ever get in! Woo hoo!

(Sorry, for leaving out details, I've gotten really touchy about being google-able lately.)

CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the good work.  Best of luck with the summer at the two firms.

Must be something in the water because I also just received my full time offer upon graduation from a large firm in NYC (different from the one I worked for this summer) so provided God blesses with again with passing the bar I will officially be starting my legal career in NY next September. 

Congrats!

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: October 12, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »

Congrats Sands!!!! Another example of how hard work pays off!

Congrats Scurvey! I take these blessings as evidence that mine is on the way!

faith2005

« Reply #3913 on: October 12, 2006, 09:25:26 PM »
Congrats guys!!!!  ;D

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: October 13, 2006, 08:24:39 AM »
Congrats both of you!!!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: October 13, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »

Awesome work Sands! Congrats!

redemption

« Reply #3916 on: October 14, 2006, 10:25:59 AM »

Congrats, Sands.  :)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: October 14, 2006, 03:38:27 PM »
Congrats y'all -- keep at it!
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: October 14, 2006, 04:29:36 PM »
Thanks all. I'm just trying to do it big like Scurvy.  She got TWO jobs!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: October 14, 2006, 04:41:56 PM »

Congratulations bro
...man, you was who you was before you got here