Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 278584 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #3900 on: October 10, 2006, 10:06:37 PM »
You spend a LOT of time on here, are you even in law school?????

Are you even a law professor, lawprofessor?   :D

Nah, I only spend like 5 mins @ a time on here.  Just forget to logout.  And sometimes when ain't nothing going on in LRW, I go on here.  LOL-  I know what you are going to say, LP, "maybe if you weren't on here during class you wouldn't be struggling". Haha  "arguing in the alternative"  :D With respect to grades, I'm not struggling in LRW in the slightest, I just really find that class annoying as hell.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: October 11, 2006, 03:01:16 AM »
As usual, only popping in when I have news. My summer is set! I will be on the West Coast at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 30 on the Vault) and in Houston at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 10 on the Vault).

The Houston firm has been my dream firm since I started school--I just didn't think I'd ever get in! Woo hoo!

(Sorry, for leaving out details, I've gotten really touchy about being google-able lately.)

Hope you're all kicking ass and taking names as well!

CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the good work.  Best of luck with the summer at the two firms.
Back in the saddle again.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: October 11, 2006, 03:04:52 AM »
You spend a LOT of time on here, are you even in law school?????

Are you even a law professor, lawprofessor?   :D

Nah, I only spend like 5 mins @ a time on here.  Just forget to logout.  And sometimes when ain't nothing going on in LRW, I go on here.  LOL-  I know what you are going to say, LP, "maybe if you weren't on here during class you wouldn't be struggling". Haha  "arguing in the alternative"  :D With respect to grades, I'm not struggling in LRW in the slightest, I just really find that class annoying as hell.   

Well, I can give my information so anyone can see that I am a professor and where I am located, can you?? :P 

It seems like a LOT more than 5 minutes.  I am sure you are struggling with LRW.  Everyone says that until the FINAL grades come out.  I am sure you are not struggling because you are probably not even in school. ;)

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: October 11, 2006, 09:08:59 AM »
PSA:  Law school isn't that bad...

...if you learn how to manage your schedule to fit in 9 hours of reading a day.

For real though, I'm loving this place.  The work is serious, but manageable if you commit to doing what's necessary.  I just might make it out on the other side, after all!
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: October 11, 2006, 03:16:01 PM »

LAWD LP!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) I'm gonna choose to ignore that for various reasons and I'll leave it @ that dammit.   :P

ANYHOO I feel you on that one lacoste, I'm enjoying myself even though there  never are enough hours in the day to get it all done. 

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: October 11, 2006, 03:31:44 PM »
As usual, only popping in when I have news. My summer is set! I will be on the West Coast at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 30 on the Vault) and in Houston at a large firm for 6 weeks (within top 10 on the Vault).

The Houston firm has been my dream firm since I started school--I just didn't think I'd ever get in! Woo hoo!

(Sorry, for leaving out details, I've gotten really touchy about being google-able lately.)

Scurvy you're going to come out of law school with a kick-azz resume!!!  Keep it going, big ups!!!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: October 11, 2006, 03:43:59 PM »
PSA:  Law school isn't that bad...

...if you learn how to manage your schedule to fit in 9 hours of reading a day.

For real though, I'm loving this place.  The work is serious, but manageable if you commit to doing what's necessary.  I just might make it out on the other side, after all!

Keep working hard, you are going to make it out!!!!

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: October 11, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »

LAWD LP!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) I'm gonna choose to ignore that for various reasons and I'll leave it @ that dammit.   :P

ANYHOO I feel you on that one lacoste, I'm enjoying myself even though there  never are enough hours in the day to get it all done. 

;D ;D ;) :-* :P  Party pooper

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: October 12, 2006, 02:32:42 PM »

CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the good work.  Best of luck with the summer at the two firms.

Must be something in the water because I also just received my full time offer upon graduation from a large firm in NYC (different from the one I worked for this summer) so provided God blesses with again with passing the bar I will officially be starting my legal career in NY next September. 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: October 12, 2006, 02:35:30 PM »
CONGRATS!!!!!! I am proud of you.  God will hopefully bless you with passing the bar examination.  Keep up the good work.