Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 262718 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #3020 on: June 20, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »
congrats SW, way to overcome the stigma of a low score; no doubt you worked your tail off doing it, kudos  :)
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: June 20, 2006, 11:16:18 PM »
nice work scurvy.  keep on keeping on!

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: June 21, 2006, 12:01:07 AM »
Just popping in to say hi! I want to shout about this all over LSD to all those people who thought I'd never make it in law school because of my LSAT. Instead, I thought it would be better to share with supportive folks.

I kicked but last semester. Finished the year in the top 1/3. I'll be on the Business and Tax Law Journal next year. And I'm getting published with my judge three times!

Haven't read the rest of the thread. Hope everyone did well last year and is having a great summer.

Hey girl! It's so good to hear from you. We're proud of you!!! ;D ;D ;D

btw, Business and Tax, huh? Better you than me. ;)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #3023 on: June 21, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »
Just popping in to say hi! I want to shout about this all over LSD to all those people who thought I'd never make it in law school because of my LSAT. Instead, I thought it would be better to share with supportive folks.

I kicked but last semester. Finished the year in the top 1/3. I'll be on the Business and Tax Law Journal next year. And I'm getting published with my judge three times!

Haven't read the rest of the thread. Hope everyone did well last year and is having a great summer.

you're a superstar!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: June 21, 2006, 09:28:17 AM »
I'm still at work and my brain is fried....can someone remind me what I should say in parentheticals if I change a few of the words in a quoted sentence? ???

What style are you using?

Bluebooking

sorry for the late response, but don't you mean brackets [ ] instead of parentheticals ( ) for changing words in a quote?

Bluebook Rule 5.2(a)  (and yes I have it in front of me folks)
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: June 21, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »

Congrats!  :-*
Put 'em in yo mouth!

crazy8

« Reply #3026 on: June 21, 2006, 09:57:11 AM »
I'm still at work and my brain is fried....can someone remind me what I should say in parentheticals if I change a few of the words in a quoted sentence? ???

Bluebooking

sorry for the late response, but don't you mean brackets [ ] instead of parentheticals ( ) for changing words in a quote?

Thanks Sands, but let me be more clear.  It's a quote (not a block quote) that has brackets around a few words.  The brackets appear in the original decision.  Do I need to make any reference at the end of the quote indicating that the brackets appear in the original, and it's not our alteration? 

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: June 21, 2006, 10:26:49 AM »

Bluebooking

Thanks Sands, but let me be more clear.  It's a quote (not a block quote) that has brackets around a few words.  The brackets appear in the original decision.  Do I need to make any reference at the end of the quote indicating that the brackets appear in the original, and it's not our alteration? 

Ah!  Yes, Rule 5.2(d)   After the quote you put in the parenthetical (alteration in original)
Charles H. Houston

crazy8

« Reply #3028 on: June 21, 2006, 10:35:41 AM »

Bluebooking

Ah!  Yes, Rule 5.2(d)   After the quote you put in the parenthetical (alteration in original)

ok, you get the bluebooking award!  Thanks! 

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3029 on: June 21, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »

We need to hear more stuff like that. Hows everything going btw?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass