Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 268672 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4830 on: October 10, 2008, 01:35:20 PM »
And another thing...this whole 1L *&^% is a really like hazing. I haven't been this sleep-deprived since I pledged.

You're absolutely right but just wait until you get to the bar exam.  Now THAT experience was actually worse than pledging.  At least during pledging you just have to make it through.  With the bar....man...[shivers]...nevermind let's not talk about it.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: October 20, 2008, 01:04:49 AM »
The open memo sucks too, but not as much because I actually feel like I know what I'm doing this time around.

I retract the bolded.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: October 20, 2008, 11:03:22 PM »
lol

well I'll tell you what you will hear all too often from 2Ls and 3Ls and grads:  You know more than you think you do.   :)  :-*
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4833 on: October 23, 2008, 07:19:32 PM »
So help me I hate lawyers..at least as teachers.  >:( >:( >:(

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: October 23, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

sounds like a story.  do tell!   :)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: October 24, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »

My aspiration in life is to someday become a law professor.   Slide in for 2 days a week, "teach" a class I've already taught for years, write a book or two, collect a 6-figure paycheck.  We should be so lucky.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4836 on: October 24, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »

My aspiration in life is to someday become a law professor.   Slide in for 2 days a week, "teach" a class I've already taught for years, write a book or two, collect a 6-figure paycheck.  We should be so lucky.

I am training to become a professional whipping girl(Paralegal) all of my classes are taught by lawyers. And I have the misfortune of being taught by the chair of the department who has been torturing(training) Paralegals for 20 plus years. You'll figure it out is his answer for everything. I hate lawyers >:( >:(

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: October 24, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »

I am training to become a professional whipping girl(Paralegal) all of my classes are taught by lawyers. And I have the misfortune of being taught by the chair of the department who has been torturing(training) Paralegals for 20 plus years. You'll figure it out is his answer for everything. I hate lawyers >:( >:(

Ouch! :'(
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: October 24, 2008, 07:24:02 PM »

In paralegal school?  I would've thought the professors would be a little nicer.  This sounds A LOT  like law school.  :-\ boooooooo.  I guess it's just a legal thing.

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4839 on: October 24, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »

In paralegal school?  I would've thought the professors would be a little nicer.  This sounds A LOT  like law school.  :-\ boooooooo.  I guess it's just a legal thing.

The program is ABA approved.-Which means they are certified by the bar to prepare paralegals to be tortured by the lawyers.