Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 276881 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4780 on: January 28, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »
can any of you wise 2/3Ls fill me in on the good supplements for Con Law, Crim, and Property?  thanks.
Columbia 3L

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: January 28, 2008, 11:00:49 AM »
can any of you wise 2/3Ls fill me in on the good supplements for Con Law, Crim, and Property?  thanks.

Definitely Chemerinsky for conlaw, if you're willing to put in the time (it's a big book).  If you have the Dressler book for crim, I've heard (from multiple sources, including Miss P) that Dressler's Understanding Crim Law is good.  If you have the Krier book for property, there's an Emmanuels or Gilberts (I always get them mixed up) that's written by Krier.  E&E was also somewhat helpful, though I think crunchtime might have been more helpful.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: January 28, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »

Definitely Chemerinsky for conlaw, if you're willing to put in the time (it's a big book).  If you have the Dressler book for crim, I've heard (from multiple sources, including Miss P) that Dressler's Understanding Crim Law is good.  If you have the Krier book for property, there's an Emmanuels or Gilberts (I always get them mixed up) that's written by Krier.  E&E was also somewhat helpful, though I think crunchtime might have been more helpful.

we're not using any of those casebooks.  i'll look into chemerinsky though.  thanks.

anyone else?
Columbia 3L

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: January 28, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »
I used Emmanuel's for Crim.  Got the job done.

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: January 28, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
I used Emmanuel's for Crim.  Got the job done.

tyty
Columbia 3L

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: January 28, 2008, 12:51:08 PM »
As always, plug for the E&E's.  For Con Law anyway.  It wasn't so helpful for Crim though.  But the Con Law E&E is thorough, especially on the substantive rights stuff.

For Property, Crim and Con Law I would suggest the PMBR multiple choice question book.  If you can answer those, you will be well prepared!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: January 28, 2008, 01:15:53 PM »
As always, plug for the E&E's.  For Con Law anyway.  It wasn't so helpful for Crim though.  But the Con Law E&E is thorough, especially on the substantive rights stuff.

For Property, Crim and Con Law I would suggest the PMBR multiple choice question book.  If you can answer those, you will be well prepared!

tyty
Columbia 3L

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: January 29, 2008, 11:15:09 AM »

tyty

MCB i just got an A in property using crunchtime and the emmanuels outlines (very helpful with RAP and freehold and defeasible estates)
...man, you was who you was before you got here

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: January 29, 2008, 01:13:16 PM »

tyty

MCB i just got an A in property using crunchtime and the emmanuels outlines (very helpful with RAP and freehold and defeasible estates)

Crunchtime is the best.  Last semester I only had one for contracts and it was my best grade.  This semester I already have the crunchtime for all of my classes.  Also, this website is good RAP tutorial, when you get there.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: January 29, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »
thanks you guys, i appreciate it a lot
Columbia 3L