Law School Discussion

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
17 (8.7%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
5 (2.6%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
23 (11.7%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
12 (6.1%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
13 (6.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
25 (12.8%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
18 (9.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
27 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 148

1L's & Current Black Law Students

A.

• View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4490 on: April 28, 2007, 10:56:23 AM »
Really, If you want to confuse a person--with finite time to prepare--you give them more information, not less. It screws with them... while making you look well informed...

Ooh, that's a good one too.

Lol, lest anyone think I do these things, everyone shares outlines freely at my school.  I always end up with more outlines than I could possibly use.  I think I have 3 detailed ones for bus orgs already.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: April 28, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »
          Okay  lemme give more facts to this situation here.   No, I didn’t ask for her outline.  And  I kinda knew it be crap.  Girl aint even cracked open a book since last semester and is on academic probation.  I have already sent her an outline but this greedy mofo    (yes she’s still my homegyrl)  wants MY revised outline.  The stuff she gave me is like what I’d call a skeletal outline.  So homegyrl sends me her crappy outline via email and then asks for my prop outline.   Never agreed to anything…no consideration!  No offer!  Well technically there was an offer but no acceptance!  Sure I opened it up, looked at the email…then was like WTF.  Gyrl did this thing it like 15 mins.  Not exactly equal here. 

LOL.    I run the academic dept of BLSA at my school down here so I’ve given up my “gems” to those folks as a gift.  Plus offer my notes up to members from our reviews which I’m conducting right now (we’re on break).  Elements:  present donative intent to give BLSA 1Ls my gems, delivery (via email), acceptance (received the email as evidenced by a “thank you” email).  Hehe!   
      My character?  Sharing isn’t the prob.   I’m the type of person who’s willing to help everybody out.   I just don’t want to be taken advantaged of…I kinda feel that way already with certain ppl in a certain organization that I’m a part of right now ;) 
   Mini-  You go gyrl!  Aint even in school yet.  And knowing K!  Good job.

But yeah, I feel you Alci, I got a whole bunch of outlines that I cant use either.  She may get one of those. 

update:  I got like 3 emails from this chick and she just gave it to me yesterday!

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: April 28, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »

I still remember  a thing or two from b-law.  ;) I'm actually looking forward to K's!

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: April 28, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »

I still remember  a thing or two from b-law.  ;) I'm actually looking forward to K's!

then please go out and buy the K E&E.  I thought the same thing since I was a real estate salesperson I thought my two favs would be property and K.  Umm no.  :D :D But not to bust your bubble tho. 

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: April 28, 2007, 01:53:22 PM »
          Okay  lemme give more facts to this situation here.   No, I didn’t ask for her outline.  And  I kinda knew it be crap.  Girl aint even cracked open a book since last semester and is on academic probation.  I have already sent her an outline but this greedy mofo    (yes she’s still my homegyrl)  wants MY revised outline.  The stuff she gave me is like what I’d call a skeletal outline.  So homegyrl sends me her crappy outline via email and then asks for my prop outline.   Never agreed to anything…no consideration!  No offer!  Well technically there was an offer but no acceptance!  Sure I opened it up, looked at the email…then was like WTF.  Gyrl did this thing it like 15 mins.  Not exactly equal here. 

LOL.    I run the academic dept of BLSA at my school down here so I’ve given up my “gems” to those folks as a gift.  Plus offer my notes up to members from our reviews which I’m conducting right now (we’re on break).  Elements:  present donative intent to give BLSA 1Ls my gems, delivery (via email), acceptance (received the email as evidenced by a “thank you” email).  Hehe!   
      My character?  Sharing isn’t the prob.   I’m the type of person who’s willing to help everybody out.   I just don’t want to be taken advantaged of…I kinda feel that way already with certain ppl in a certain organization that I’m a part of right now ;) 

But yeah, I feel you Alci, I got a whole bunch of outlines that I cant use either.  She may get one of those. 

update:  I got like 3 emails from this chick and she just gave it to me yesterday!

Okay I just got another IM from this chick...  >:(  I told her I'm doing a review

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: April 28, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »
OK now she's starting to annoy me and I don't even know homegirl.  Give her like 8 outlines, 100 pages each.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: April 28, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »
OK now she's starting to annoy me and I don't even know homegirl.  Give her like 8 outlines, 100 pages each.

LMAO--  I might just do that.  ;) ;) I already sent her outlines that use the Perillo textbook (not mine)  ;)  I'm about to send her this outline I got that had about 40 pages just on parol evidence.  Oh, did I mention that the exam is next week?!

« Reply #4497 on: April 28, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »
dang, cui. homegirl is on academic probation. she is not a threat to you. give her the outline; it'll be okay.

« Reply #4498 on: April 29, 2007, 06:25:27 AM »

LMAO--  I might just do that.  ;) ;) I already sent her outlines that use the Perillo textbook (not mine)  ;)  I'm about to send her this outline I got that had about 40 pages just on parol evidence.  Oh, did I mention that the exam is next week?!

Wow.  For real, is it that serious?? You're grown right??

You're giving the girl outlines that don't correlate with your book and such, just because you don't like what she sent you?? Come on, you can be better than that. If she's not doing so well already, it's even more screwed up that you're fine with sending her something that you know isn't helpful. Boo to that  >:(

If the exam is next week, I suspect you both have better things to do then waste time playing games over some wack outlines. Be mature about yours.  Email the girl, or IM her (since ya'll got time to IM each other and such) and very clearly tell her that you didn't know she was going to send you the rough draft of her outline and that you've sent all you can b/c you gotta get back to studying. 

That's it.

If she's mad, so what. If she's not, that's good. Either way, she'll get over it. Since you're the head of the "academic department" of BLSA, you all might want to have a program next year called "outlining for 2L's" or something and then you can strongly encourage her to attend.

Do better.

BTW -- Good luck on your finals and I hope your year has been going well otherwise  :)

Tony Montana

• Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: April 29, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

Wow.  For real, is it that serious?? You're grown right??

You're giving the girl outlines that don't correlate with your book and such, just because you don't like what she sent you?? Come on, you can be better than that. If she's not doing so well already, it's even more screwed up that you're fine with sending her something that you know isn't helpful. Boo to that  >:(

If the exam is next week, I suspect you both have better things to do then waste time playing games over some wack outlines. Be mature about yours.  Email the girl, or IM her (since ya'll got time to IM each other and such) and very clearly tell her that you didn't know she was going to send you the rough draft of her outline and that you've sent all you can b/c you gotta get back to studying. 

That's it.

If she's mad, so what. If she's not, that's good. Either way, she'll get over it. Since you're the head of the "academic department" of BLSA, you all might want to have a program next year called "outlining for 2L's" or something and then you can strongly encourage her to attend.

Do better.

BTW -- Good luck on your finals and I hope your year has been going well otherwise  :)

Yeah, unless--after she is kicked out of law school (as she seems to be heading)--she goes on to be successful in a different field, and cui bono needs a favor from her. I don't think she should burn a bridge here.