Law School Discussion

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
17 (8.7%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
5 (2.6%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
23 (11.7%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
12 (6.1%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
13 (6.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
25 (12.8%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
18 (9.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
27 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 148

1L's & Current Black Law Students

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4480 on: April 27, 2007, 06:19:53 PM »
Y'all are the law students here, but couldn't you argue that by reading homegirl's outline she has implicitly agreed to the contract and now has to supply her's?

But if it was just an e-mail attachment, how is the other girl to know?

From the way the question was worded I'm assuming that there was some communication other than email where cui had the opportunity to say no.  From the original post, it sounds like cui didn't say yes, but didn't say NO either, which gave the girl the impression that it's all good.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: April 27, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
another thing you can do is make a weak version of one of your outlines, but that seems like some paperchase *&^% right there.

Lol I didn't think about that.

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: April 27, 2007, 09:22:59 PM »
Generally, I don't make my own outlines. I might piece several together but that's about it. However, I did make a con law outline this semester with two of my friends, and even then we pieced stuff together from all sorts of places-the text, class notes, as well as from three different outlines.

oh, and that con law outline will probably never be used because I just got a killer outline from a friend.  ;D

They say the learning occurs when you put the outline together. But I bet you don't have to start from scratch. If you started from scratch and finished with no outside outlines to supplement your own, then you might have a case, but if you used several to compile your masterpiece then...

aw he11, just give her the outline. nothing says you have to give it to her next time.

my lowest grade was with the one outline I thought was a 'true masterpiece' that I made all by my loansome. I had everything in that thing! But guess what? I wrote a bad exam.

My best exam was contracts and I walked into that class with just my CL/UCC restatement and a two page handwritten road-map.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: April 28, 2007, 08:03:53 AM »
Y'all are the law students here, but couldn't you argue that by reading homegirl's outline she has implicitly agreed to the contract and now has to supply her's?

I love this answer right here.   ;D

Yeah basically you are locked in, ma.  You accepted the outline from ol' girl, a gesture which, to your average law student, signifies a "swap" is in order.

I'm kinda surprised to hear you are questioning sharing information to a fellow 1L.  Not you?  Say it ain't so.  Law School done got you.  You shouldn't give in to the "hide the book" mentality.  It is the path of the Dark Side. Fight it, you must. 

Who cares if she gets your outline???  As you have hopefully learned by this point in 1L, it's not GETTING the outline that makes the difference -  it's what you are able to do with it that counts.  My guess is, based on the fact pattern here, you could hand over the Louis Brandeis of Outlines to homegirl and it still wouldn't make any damn difference.

Just worry about your understanding of the law, toss her stuff in the garbage, give her your outline for all the good it will do, and go bang out this exam.

Tony Montana

• Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: April 28, 2007, 09:19:26 AM »
Right, and don't give her a weak version--like OSA suggested stated.  Unless you want to give her the same impression of your outlining abilities that she gave you of her "cappy bare" outline

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: April 28, 2007, 09:29:54 AM »
Who cares about impressions?  Get yours!

Tony Montana

• Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: April 28, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »
Who cares about impressions?  Get yours!

Impressions count...

Ever heard the cliche "first impressions count?"

Really, If you want to confuse a person--with finite time to prepare--you give them more information, not less. It screws with them... while making you look well informed...

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: April 28, 2007, 09:43:38 AM »
Right, and don't give her a weak version--like OSA suggested.  Unless you want to give her the same impression of your outlining abilities that she gave you of her "cappy bare" outline

for the record I didn't suggest her doing that.  If anything, I suggested doing so would speak volumes of her character.

Tony Montana

• Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: April 28, 2007, 09:47:53 AM »
Right, and don't give her a weak version--like OSA suggested.  Unless you want to give her the same impression of your outlining abilities that she gave you of her "cappy bare" outline

for the record I didn't suggest her doing that.  If anything, I suggested doing so would speak volumes of her character.

Right, "stated" would've been a better term for me to use to describe what you wrote.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: April 28, 2007, 09:53:35 AM »
Yeah I absolutely agree that she should give the full outline, but tell the "friend" that she's not into swapping for the future.