Law School Discussion

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
17 (8.7%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
5 (2.6%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
23 (11.7%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
12 (6.1%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
13 (6.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
25 (12.8%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
18 (9.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
27 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 148

1L's & Current Black Law Students

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4420 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:49 PM »
Unless they are running for president or treasurer then they can't really cause too much damage even if they do happen to catch on.  Plus, I don't know how you guys roll down there, but our SBA is not shy about booting people off of the executive board who fail to show up to meetings.  We strictly adhere to the attendance policy outlined in our consitution.  We've replaced about 4 or 5 cats this year.  So worst case scenario if they happen to become....Water Boy Representative or whatever and they never show up, then just give 'em the boot.  Now if they're talking about running for Prez or Treaz then that's a problem.  A political coup de gras may be in order if that's the case.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: January 31, 2007, 08:23:44 PM »
Unless they are running for president or treasurer then they can't really cause too much damage even if they do happen to catch on.  Plus, I don't know how you guys roll down there, but our SBA is not shy about booting people off of the executive board who fail to show up to meetings.  We strictly adhere to the attendance policy outlined in our consitution.  We've replaced about 4 or 5 cats this year.  So worst case scenario if they happen to become....Water Boy Representative or whatever and they never show up, then just give 'em the boot.  Now if they're talking about running for Prez or Treaz then that's a problem.  A political coup de gras may be in order if that's the case.

It's really not this person's attendance I'm worried about.  This person will probably be a "warm body".  The thing is this-  I have not sent out the letter calling for nominations  and 'splaining the positions/ voting process, etc  yet [will go out next week].  How the heck do you "know you wanna run" for something that you have no idea what the job entails?  This particular person has never approached any e-board member asking them about their position.  Never approached me and I know about all of 'em.   RIIIIIGHT.  This person's motivations are suspect.  And although I'm a 1L myself-  what the heck is up with a 1L talking 'bout "I wanna be prez of BLSA"-  ghet outta here!!!  And never on any committees -  ??? ::)    Neverdid anything but "take".   

Matter of fact-  I'm gonna ask each candidate for every position what their motivations for running are.  With this person here's the q:  "Oftentimes ppl run for a position in efforts to beef up their resume and it concerns me that you expressed wanting to run for a position before the letter was sent out detailing the duties/responsibilities of each position and as an e-board member in general, what are your motivations for running for a position in BLSA?   What research, if any, have you done regarding the position? [follow up q: what service have you provided to BLSA this year]?"   ;) 

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: January 31, 2007, 09:32:38 PM »
I think that would be an abuse of discretion--you are to administer the election fairly not run some Kathleen Harris type ish.  If you are mad at homeboy run against him.  in any event it really isn't that serious.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: February 01, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
I think that would be an abuse of discretion--you are to administer the election fairly not run some Kathleen Harris type ish.  If you are mad at homeboy run against him. 

okay, thanks.  LOL @ Harris comment.  Nah, I have no personal issue with this person it's just that if you tell me thru your words and actions that you want a position just to put it on your resume and have done nothing to contribute to an organization that I personally put a lot into...that irks me a bit.  I was wondering if I had any duty to let that be known. 

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: February 01, 2007, 10:30:10 AM »
no your duty is to support whoever is running against him or run against him yourself--not playa hate.  Dang why does BLSA always bring out the inner Bonqueshas?  (lol lex)

« Reply #4425 on: February 01, 2007, 07:00:19 PM »
no your duty is to support whoever is running against him or run against him yourself--not playa hate.  Dang why does BLSA always bring out the inner Bonqueshas?  (lol lex)

I'm all for hating the game! Now, hating the game and Katherine Harris machinations are another story...totally agree with you there.

And the Barack Obama stuff (Biden, the Fox muslim school debacle) is showing clearly that white folks also have strong inner Bonqueshas!

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: February 02, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
No Bonequasha or whatev the heck ya'll said there.  :D :D  It's just that  I put a lot into the organization.  I'm not too happy some random folk trying to slip on in there.  I might just run  ;) 

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: February 02, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »
saying this with love: sounds like you need to either put up or shut up. 

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: February 02, 2007, 10:27:25 AM »
saying this with love: sounds like you need to either put up or shut up. 

No Bonequasha or whatev the heck ya'll said there.  :D :D  It's just that  I put a lot into the organization.  I'm not too happy some random folk trying to slip on in there.  I might just run  ;) 

:P   :D :D

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: February 02, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »
I read that--I'm reinforcing that thought.  Run.