Law School Discussion

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
17 (8.7%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
5 (2.6%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
23 (11.7%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
12 (6.1%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
13 (6.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
25 (12.8%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
18 (9.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
27 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 148

1L's & Current Black Law Students

Re: 1L's & Current Black Law Students
« Reply #4400 on: January 24, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »
Yah. That's what I thought. You don't wanna go toe to toe with the big dog. Wakin' up lookin' like you just ate 2-piece with a biscuit.  :D

::)

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41:03 PM »
I keed, my pal!  :-*

intent06

• "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: January 24, 2007, 06:08:08 PM »
I had to go 'head on and raise my right fist when I saw that list of courses!  :D

Help me pick next term's classes? Here's what I'm thinking of taking. Does this look too militant? :D

Criminal Law 4
Social Organization of Law 2
Capital Punishment: Race, Poverty, and Disadvantage 3
Antidiscrimination Law 4
Proving Discrimination 2
Trial Practice 2
Supervised Research: Women, the Academy, and Legal Structures 2

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: January 24, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »
they definatley have an accent...hyand....byand...yuu ung' (which i can't even begin to spell) jonein' (whatever that means) they wear rubber bands around their pants legs  ??? and always have on something with some kind of glitter, sparklers or sequins (preferably red) with strings and ish hanging off it....they listen to that god awful go go and are always talking about mumbo sauce yuuung'....they wear DaDa sneakers...wtf! and Girbaud jeans (which i didn't even know they made past '91)...with white belts...yes even the dudes......they leave the tags on their timbs (which is the textbook test of a cornball where i'm from)...and they rob each other for NorthFace jackets...i think i sweated a NorthFace my senior year of high school...once again '91....yes im stereotypin' a little bit but ya'll DC/MD and VA'ers know i ain't lyin'....Bama!

LOL... hey don't knock that Go-Go music.

...ONE in the MORNING...
...TWO in the MORNING...

SCENARIO SCENARIO!!!

« Reply #4404 on: January 24, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »
Trying to killself?

EDIT: I'd drop 2 of the two-credits.  They all look about the same, except Trial Practice.

The topics of the classes don't overlap that much. The women one is research for a prof that I'm super-excited to work with, so def keeping that one. Social org is super-appropriate for my academic interests (I think - will have to see what this dude is talking about the first day). Proving discrim is the class I want most in life but I don't officially have it yet. It's about the use of social science research in discrimination cases. I just emailed to beg in; I'm #2 on the waitlist so will see how that goes. Capital Punishment is with Steve Bright and I had to fill out some statement to show my interest, so I def. want to keep that one! Sooo excited about it!...

The classes most up in the air are Trial Practice and Crim, but they are also the most black-letterish :( I rrrreally want them to offer an Advanced Civ Pro class because that would be hot like fiyah. Civ Pro is the blackletter thing I like the most.

lol at intent. My fist is always raised in this environment. I took tax and property last spring trying to prove I had broad interests. What a mistake (esp. tax) - I don't give a goshdarnit about tax shelters! :D

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: January 24, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »
Are you on speed?

« Reply #4406 on: January 24, 2007, 10:41:30 PM »
Are you on speed?

:D I did kinda sound that way in that post. I'm actually just delirious at the moment - not enough sleep, just finished exams...yeahhhh.......

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: January 24, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »
LOL - you really did.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: January 25, 2007, 05:47:55 AM »
Trying to killself?

EDIT: I'd drop 2 of the two-credits.  They all look about the same, except Trial Practice.

The topics of the classes don't overlap that much. The women one is research for a prof that I'm super-excited to work with, so def keeping that one. Social org is super-appropriate for my academic interests (I think - will have to see what this dude is talking about the first day). Proving discrim is the class I want most in life but I don't officially have it yet. It's about the use of social science research in discrimination cases. I just emailed to beg in; I'm #2 on the waitlist so will see how that goes. Capital Punishment is with Steve Bright and I had to fill out some statement to show my interest, so I def. want to keep that one! Sooo excited about it!...

The classes most up in the air are Trial Practice and Crim, but they are also the most black-letterish :( I rrrreally want them to offer an Advanced Civ Pro class because that would be hot like fiyah. Civ Pro is the blackletter thing I like the most.

lol at intent. My fist is always raised in this environment. I took tax and property last spring trying to prove I had broad interests. What a mistake (esp. tax) - I don't give a goshdarnit about tax shelters! :D

Glad there's actually stuff you're excited about next semester.  As fo' me and my house...

Actually, Trial Practice should be fun.  Put my newly acquired Evidence knowledge to use.  Transnational law requires us  to present some group case study.  There are few things Alci loathes more than graded group work.  It's why I dropped out of the b-school in undergrad, and it's why I might be dropping this course...

But back to you.  Even though there might be a ton of stuff you like, I wouldn't over do it.  Come May, I don't want to hear you complaining about how many papers/finals you have to write! ;)

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: January 25, 2007, 05:51:40 AM »
Trying to killself?

Glad there's actually stuff you're excited about next semester.  As fo' me and my house...

Actually, Trial Practice should be fun.  Put my newly acquired Evidence knowledge to use.  Transnational law requires us  to present some group case study.  There are few things Alci loathes more than graded group work.  It's why I dropped out of the b-school in undergrad, and it's why I might be dropping this course...

But back to you.  Even though there might be a ton of stuff you like, I wouldn't over do it.  Come May, I don't want to hear you complaining about how many papers/finals you have to write! ;)

Group work is fun! /sarcasm  Plus you'll have to do lots of it in the 'real world', so you might as well start now.