Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 279354 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1L's
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2005, 12:42:51 AM »
thanks yo, I just do what I can
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

1LWhit

« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »
Has anyone ever studied so late at the law school, that they just ended up sleeping in a classroom?  Well guess what...I, along with my study partner, was here ALL night and ALL morning!!!  We just had to perfect our Appellate Briefs!  Why am I doing this to myself?  Around 6 am we just decided to go get breakfast at McDonalds.  Around 7:45 I put my head down for 45mins or so...and then I rolled into class at 9am.  I typically wear business casual clothes everyday (along with flawless makeup).  It was a shock when I showed up wearing sweats and without any makeup.

Do any of the other 1Ls do this?  Are we taking things too seriously???

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2005, 01:08:31 PM »
Has anyone ever studied so late at the law school, that they just ended up sleeping in a classroom?  Well guess what...I, along with my study partner, was here ALL night and ALL morning!!!  We just had to perfect our Appellate Briefs!  Why am I doing this to myself?  Around 6 am we just decided to go get breakfast at McDonalds.  Around 7:45 I put my head down for 45mins or so...and then I rolled into class at 9am. 

Did you brush your teeth? take a bath? and what did you have at Mickey D's?

I typically wear business casual clothes everyday (along with flawless makeup).  It was a shock when I showed up wearing sweats and without any makeup.

Do any of the other 1Ls do this?  Are we taking things too seriously???

Did any of your classmates say anything?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2005, 09:52:41 PM »
No we're not taking this too seriously. Some of us are not taking this seriously enough in my opinion.  I'm starting to get back on my hustle.  I rounded up a group of us last night and we just went thru the entire Civ Pro class from Day 1 up until now.  We were there for an entire night and ended up strolling over to IHOP's at some crazy time in the morning.

You gotta look at it like this...you only go to Law School once.  First year grades are everything.  Your job as a 2L and as a lawyer are based off of your first year grades.  Why would you NOT put in the work now?  You got 2 more years to slack off after this.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2005, 10:33:56 AM »
No we're not taking this too seriously. Some of us are not taking this seriously enough in my opinion.  I'm starting to get back on my hustle.  I rounded up a group of us last night and we just went thru the entire Civ Pro class from Day 1 up until now.  We were there for an entire night and ended up strolling over to IHOP's at some crazy time in the morning.

You gotta look at it like this...you only go to Law School once.  First year grades are everything.  Your job as a 2L and as a lawyer are based off of your first year grades.  Why would you NOT put in the work now?  You got 2 more years to slack off after this.

Who you telling? I love it when people keep asking me what I'm doing for spring break. Am I going anywhere? Yeah, to my local library, then late at night I'll come home and curl into the fetal position until the next morning, where it begins again.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »
Socratic Story of the day:

From Con Law

guy:  But the Virginia statute here is not in violation of the 14th amendment. 
girl:  I disagree, I think it goes directly against the 14th amendment.
guy:  But Virginia applies it equally to both blacks and whites therefore it does not violate the equal protection clause.
girl:  Well if you look on p. 801, a Virginia judge supporting the State statute said "almighy God created the races, white black, yellow malay and red, and he placed them on seperate contienents...the fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend the races to mix."  ...You're trying to tell me that's not a violation of the 14th amendment?!

[class busts out laughin]
Charles H. Houston

seu2002

« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2005, 11:11:23 AM »
Socratic Story of the day:

From Con Law

guy:  But the Virginia statute here is not in violation of the 14th amendment. 
girl:  I disagree, I think it goes directly against the 14th amendment.
guy:  But Virginia applies it equally to both blacks and whites therefore it does not violate the equal protection clause.
girl:  Well if you look on p. 801, a Virginia judge supporting the State statute said "almighy God created the races, white black, yellow malay and red, and he placed them on seperate contienents...the fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend the races to mix."  ...You're trying to tell me that's not a violation of the 14th amendment?!

[class busts out laughin]

LOL!

was the guy white?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2005, 11:15:04 AM »
come on now 8)
Charles H. Houston

Regal_Muse

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2005, 02:50:55 PM »
1L's what do you guys think of this situation? I know it's regarding the B-schools, but do you think what those students did was unethical?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=564926

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/03/08/hacker.biz.schools.reut/index.html

seu2002

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2005, 02:55:21 PM »
1L's what do you guys think of this situation? I know it's regarding the B-schools, but do you think what those students did was unethical?

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=564926

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/03/08/hacker.biz.schools.reut/index.html

off with their heads!!   >:(