Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
 17 (8.8%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
 4 (2.1%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
 2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
 23 (11.9%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
 12 (6.2%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
 16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
 7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
 13 (6.7%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
 3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
 25 (12.9%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
 14 (7.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
 18 (9.3%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
 27 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: 1L's & Current Black Law Students  (Read 262621 times)

Regal_Muse

Re: 1L's
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2005, 08:58:05 PM »
Sands, I already sent my congrats..but I'll say it again...

YOU GET IT BOY!

8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

1LWhit

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »
Congrats Sands!!!

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2005, 12:21:07 AM »
Good shiet Sands . . . yeah what does a BLSA Director for the NYC metro region do?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2005, 10:03:36 AM »
Thanks fam.

That's a good question.  What I do is basically run all the Regional BLSA business for the 13 law schools in the NY Metro area. Plus, at some point during the fall semester, I have to travel to each school and sit in on their BLSA meetings and rap with the members of each chapter, see what's what, take any ?'s or concerns to the Head Director and stuff like that.  I also have to plan at least one activity, typically in the fall semester, that will bring all of the Metro chapters together.  This usually means a party.  Last semester, we all met up in lower Manhattan and had a good time at this club called Mission. A lot of the schools came out, it was a pretty good time. And then I also have to coordinate what they call "Judicial Friends" which is a basically an opportunity for law students to meet area judges, possibly get clerkships, stuff like that. So that's my job in a nutshell.  So any of you going to Law School in the New York City area will see me this fall at your school.

Oh yeah, Bubazzz - we are going to have one of the conferences in Upstate NY next year. They were talking about throwin it in Albany to get you guys more involved.  So be on the lookout!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »
Socratic Story of the Day:

Prof:    Perhaps a hypo would better demonstrate...
Gunner:  [raises hand eagerly]
Prof:    [puzzled look] :-\ Yes?
Gunner:  Well I think that in your hypo I agree that the majority would be correct.
Prof:    Well before you can agree I have to give the hypo first.
Gunner:  Oh.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

lil_token

« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2005, 03:19:22 PM »
Socratic NIGHTMARE of the day:

Token was to be on-call in K's today.  Last night, she looked on the syllabus, identified the assignment and read it.

Too bad that half-way through today's class, token realized that she had misread the syllabus and stopped ten pages short of the end of the assignment.  She had done a good deal of prepping for the part of the assignment she did read -- notes, book outline, casebrief, but, alas, the professor called on some other folks for that portion of the class discussion.  *&^%!  Token, panicking, decided that it would be better to do a piss poor job answering the questions than telling the whole class she's too damn blind to see the difference between pg. 550 and pg 560.  She scanned the matierial and did just that -- made a piss poor attempt to survive the Socratic grilling.

After class, in a piss poor effort to redeem herself in front of her favorite professor, she went to speak to him after class and explained what had happened.  She's an idiot, is blind, had to skim the cases while in class, etc.  Surprisingly enough, the professor told her she had done quite well for being disoriented and agreed to grant her another day on call. 

Whew!  Glad I don't go to Harvard.  My ass would be grass.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2005, 03:24:17 PM »
good sh!t
Charles H. Houston

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2005, 06:24:48 PM »
one of the worst i've seen:

Prof: ok, so why do u think that is? ::: points to some poor soul :::
Poor Soul 1: ::: silence :::
Prof: ok, what about u? ::: points to another poor soul :::
Poor Soul 2: well, because the courts look to good-faith
Prof: good answer, too bad its Bullsh!t ::: points to the first poor soul :::
Prof: ok, you've had enough time to think about it, so lets have it, give me this great answer that you had a minute or so to think about
Poor Soul 1: ::: silence :::
 ::: silence for 1 minute ::: (thats a long time when ur sitting there)
Prof: alright, lets have it Greg ::: points to the f'n gunner that always has his hand up :::
Greg: (gives some long explanation detailing the correct answer)
Prof: ::: points to poor soul 1 ::: now in 2 years, ur gonna have to pay him $200 an hour for that, cause u obviously won't be able to do it

The prof. was on a rampage that day, it was brutal. thank god i had gotten called on the day before.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2005, 04:13:46 PM »
new poll
Charles H. Houston

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2005, 08:55:52 PM »
Sands,

CONGRATS! Damn good job!
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.