Law School Discussion

Poll

The Infamous "Most Difficult Law School Class" Poll:

I'm a law student and K is the most difficult class.
17 (8.7%)
I'm a law student and Torts is the most difficult class.
5 (2.6%)
I'm a law student and Crim Law is the most difficult class.
2 (1%)
I'm a law student and Civ Pro is the most difficult class.
23 (11.7%)
I'm a law student and Con Law is the most difficult class.
12 (6.1%)
I'm a law student and Property is the most difficult class.
16 (8.2%)
I'm a law student and LRW is the most difficult class.
7 (3.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Contracts would be the most difficult class.
13 (6.6%)
I'm not a law student but I think Torts would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Criminal Law would be the most difficult class.
3 (1.5%)
I'm not a law student but I think Civil Procedure would be the most difficult class.
25 (12.8%)
I'm not a law student but I think Constitutional Law would be the most difficult class.
14 (7.1%)
I'm not a law student but I think Property would be the most difficult class.
18 (9.2%)
I'm not a law student but I think Legal Research & Writing would be the most difficult class.
27 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 148

1L's & Current Black Law Students

Re: 1L's (Current Black Law Students)
« Reply #1110 on: August 04, 2005, 07:30:17 AM »
I love my Southern accent.  People from the outside think they don't have to take you seriously, then...BAM!  You drop the knowledge on them and leave them with their mouths open like what?! :o

;D

j.rosh

« Reply #1111 on: August 04, 2005, 07:32:44 AM »
I love my Southern accent.  People from the outside think they don't have to take you seriously, then...BAM!  You drop the knowledge on them and leave them with their mouths open like what?! :o

;D

Exactly!  I love my Southern accent as well.  It's amazing how people quickly underestimated you because of your accent.

faith2005

« Reply #1112 on: August 04, 2005, 07:38:13 AM »
i told them ohio =/= north carolina, let alone alabama. i think some of them were caught off guard when they started meeting southerners. they realized i don't have much of an accent at all.  :D

yo b, i mean burning sands. haha. you know my friends on the east coast used to say i sounded southern. i would ask them if they've ever actually met anyone from the south, and there was silence. the only thing they were comparing me to was juvenile. haha :D

lol

I know right. Being from the midwest, I know a Southern accent when I hear one.  You know those true southern accents that you can only get from Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, etc.  At first, one of my classmates tried to tell me I had a southern accent. I said you obviously haven't been to the south.  Anything that doesn't sound like a NY accent is considered country (aka Southern).  NY'ers idea of going "west" is visiting Jersey.

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 04, 2005, 07:43:48 AM »
i told them ohio =/= north carolina, let alone alabama. i think some of them were caught off guard when they started meeting southerners. they realized i don't have much of an accent at all.  :D

yo b, i mean burning sands. haha. you know my friends on the east coast used to say i sounded southern. i would ask them if they've ever actually met anyone from the south, and there was silence. the only thing they were comparing me to was juvenile. haha :D

lol

I know right. Being from the midwest, I know a Southern accent when I hear one.  You know those true southern accents that you can only get from Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, etc.  At first, one of my classmates tried to tell me I had a southern accent. I said you obviously haven't been to the south.  Anything that doesn't sound like a NY accent is considered country (aka Southern).  NY'ers idea of going "west" is visiting Jersey.

Faith, DC has an accent all its own. I hate when people ax me where I'm from just so they can here me say Maryland pronounced "Murlin"

j.rosh

« Reply #1114 on: August 04, 2005, 07:45:11 AM »

lol

Faith, DC has an accent all its own. I hate when people ash me where I'm from just so they can here me say Maryland pronounced "Murlin"

I pronounce it the same way and I'm not even from there  :D.

faith2005

« Reply #1115 on: August 04, 2005, 07:48:31 AM »
oh, i know the accent. i've actually started picking up parts of the bmore accent. like yuuu instead of you. muryland. and random words like joint and i can't spell this for my life but it sounds like psised? like getting excited. its funny when you hear yourself and you're like, wait, did i just say that?  :D

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 04, 2005, 07:50:48 AM »
oh, i know the accent. i've actually started picking up parts of the bmore accent. like yuuu instead of you. muryland. and random words like joint and i can't spell this for my life but it sounds like psised? like getting excited. its funny when you hear yourself and you're like, wait, did i just say that?  :D

It's psyced!!!  :D

« Reply #1117 on: August 04, 2005, 07:57:21 AM »

lol

I know right. Being from the midwest, I know a Southern accent when I hear one.  You know those true southern accents that you can only get from Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, etc.  At first, one of my classmates tried to tell me I had a southern accent. I said you obviously haven't been to the south.  Anything that doesn't sound like a NY accent is considered country (aka Southern).  NY'ers idea of going "west" is visiting Jersey.

Faith, DC has an accent all its own. I hate when people ash me where I'm from just so they can here me say Maryland pronounced "Murlin"

I pronounce it the same way and I'm not even from there  :D.

Really?  My pronunciation is more of a soft "Mare-lan"

lex19

« Reply #1118 on: August 04, 2005, 08:09:55 AM »
lol, I can't stop saying "joint" for the life of me and my friend had me saying "young" in college, my peoples at home just look at me like wtf did you just say and then i have to bring it back with a "that piece" or "son/dun"...lol

and Sands the comment about New Yorkers thinking that going to Jersey is taking a trip is sooooo true!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 04, 2005, 08:21:55 AM »
lol, I can't stop saying "joint" for the life of me and my friend had me saying "young" in college, my peoples at home just look at me like wtf did you just say and then i have to bring it back with a "that piece" or "son/dun"...lol

and Sands the comment about New Yorkers thinking that going to Jersey is taking a trip is sooooo true!

Yeah cats from Manhattan are the worst. They think Brooklyn is a whole other state.  Remember in sex & the city when Miranda and Steve decided to move to BK?  The rest of them were like, Brooklyn?  Where the hell is Brooklyn?  Do we have to catch a plane to get there?

Its right accross the bridge, geniuses. Just like Jersey.