Specific Groups / Issues > Black Law Student Discussion Board

1L's & Current Black Law Students

(1/982) > >>

Burning Sands, Esq.:
Since weez free now, you know it wouldn't be proper unless the 1L's have their own thread to b!tch about that first year as a Black Law Student, b/c you know we have a SLIGHTLY different day to day then the rest of the mainstream.  Especially in law school.

Let me start it off...

CIV PRO SUCKS!

Thank you.

Ladyday:
You're a bonafide nutcase.

But honestly, they way you go on about Civ Pro is scaring the *&^% outta me.

I was Contracts female dog until I got my mid-term grade back. Now if I put another 50% into it for a total of 100% I think I'm in pretty good standing.

Question for ya'll, how do you respond when people ask you what you got? Today was the first day someone actually had the audacity to ask me. I don't get all up in others business. But I told her, however, we have such a small community I know by 5pm today most if not all the class will know. And it wasn't a bad grade at all, I just feel it's not anyone's business. Only one other person volunteered their grade to me, but I haven't told anyone that knows them. Oh well  ::).......

taterstol:
I've only shared my grades with one pretty close friend that I study a lot with, and that was only because it was pretty clear that we both did well. No one has outright asked "what did you get?" but people have done it in slightly subtler ways. My standard response is "i'm happy" or "i don't really discuss grades." I think that the people that have been posturing lately did not do so well. Who feels the need to posture if you actually did well?

Oh, and property is far and away the hardest class. Holy crap.

Ladyday:

--- Quote from: taterstol on February 15, 2005, 04:32:13 PM ---I've only shared my grades with one pretty close friend that I study a lot with, and that was only because it was pretty clear that we both did well. No one has outright asked "what did you get?" but people have done it in slightly subtler ways. My standard response is "i'm happy" or "i don't really discuss grades." I think that the people that have been posturing lately did not do so well. Who feels the need to posture if you actually did well?

Oh, and property is far and away the hardest class. Holy crap.

--- End quote ---

Thanks  :) I thought it was pretty rude. Like you, I've been mainly saying "i'm happy" 'cuz I am. Property is my best class  :D, don't tell me your easiest is Contracts.

seu2002:
Why are you 1L's posting this?!?!  Are you trying to scare us sh!tless before we even decide what schools we're going to?

(Just kidding!  Thanks for the head's up.  I'll know what classes to pay attention in now.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version