Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $$ at Villanova?  (Read 916 times)

lanen

• View Profile
$$ at Villanova?
« on: February 15, 2005, 11:07:16 AM »
Does anyone know how Villanova goes about offering scholarships?  Are they offered in the initial appectance package?  Please let me know if you have any idea~!!!
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: $$ at Villanova?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
Does anyone know how Villanova goes about offering scholarships?  Are they offered in the initial appectance package?  Please let me know if you have any idea~!!!

This was an old post from last cycle, but I see nobody answered, and now I am curious about the same info.  Does anyone know?

BerryB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 03:48:38 PM »
I went to a pre-law meeting at Villanova with my best friend (who goes to Villanova undergrad) and the law school admissions person said that they offer scholarships to highly qualified "Yale caliber" applicants first and and then keep redistributing the money as over qualified candidates drop out all the way through August. He also said he was inclined to give the cash to people who he knew would attend and to not hesitate to call him and ask about the likelyhood of scholarships because it ups your odds of getting one from him.

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 06:40:35 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm clearly not a Yale level applicant, so I don't think money is coming my way without my asking/applying for it, at least from Villanova.

StepUpT0theMike

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 06:55:42 PM »
I got my Villanova acceptance in the mail today.  No fin aid offer was made but there was a letter inviting me to apply for various scholarships.  My numbers are hardly "Yale caliber" though.