Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: STOKED: GWU!  (Read 2152 times)

JaCKLoNe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: STOKED: GWU!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 10:43:50 AM »
yea same here. I'm definitely not taking chances with a roommate, especially my first year. I simply won't have the finances to pay $1200/mo, unless i take additional loans... My only solution would be to live in the ghettos... hey, I grew up in Queens, NYC; how bad can it be?

lsatposter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 10:48:31 AM »
Congrats everyone! I got in this morning. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from GWU!
Attending: Northwestern School of Law

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »
yippee!  gratz everyone!  ;D

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
I live outside of DC in VA by the pentagon.  I pay 966 for a studio.  You won't get a studio in the city for under 1200.  Probably more once you add in utilities.  Also, in response to "how bad can it be?"  Well, I lived by queens for a year and lemme tell you, the DC ghetto is way worse lol. 
Attending GW in Fall '06

eileen2004

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 11:02:40 AM »
I live outside of DC in VA by the pentagon.  I pay 966 for a studio.  You won't get a studio in the city for under 1200.  Probably more once you add in utilities.  Also, in response to "how bad can it be?"  Well, I lived by queens for a year and lemme tell you, the DC ghetto is way worse lol. 

Congratulations new acceptees!  I'll be attending GW part-time in the fall.  I live in a nice 1-bedroom near Logan Circle (about 10 minutes walking from GW) and pay $1100.  There are definitely some studios in this area for a little less although many apartments in the new buildings cost more.  I agree with Erapitt's comments on the inexpensive parts of NE/SE.  I wouldn't mind living there, but unless you're very close the the metro I don't think it would be a comfortable place to be walking through with your laptop at night.  I think paying a little extra for convenience would be worthwhile.   

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 02:09:40 PM »
Yes!! I am in too! Whew, what a relief!
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 02:14:42 PM »
ang, were you FT also?  If so, there might be hope for me for PT.  Also, when did all of you go complete?
Attending GW in Fall '06

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »
I NEED to know soon.  Check out my stats...on LSN it seems that I have a chance of acceptance, or I have a chance of waitlistedness.  GW ordered my report on 1/10.  Is that around the time yours was requested?  I applied for FT.  Around what time of day did they send the email?  I'm going crazy here...playing the waiting game!
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

Bchop711

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 05:25:52 PM »
Congrats to everyone.  I hope to see you there in the Fall.
Attending George Washington!!!

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »
I'll weigh in here on the living situation.  I work about 2 blocks from GW and live in VA, no where near a metro (I'm close to Pentagon and Pentagon City).  There are however several bus lines, one of which takes me directly from my door to work.  I pay about $1325 for a 2 bed, 2.5 bath condo with 2 parking spaces (pre-util)  Since GW is has it's own Metro stop, you should seriously consider living in VA or MD.  I had a friend that lived in Ballston for 2 years while he went to GW and had little to no problems.  It does help to have a car if you live farther out, but Arlington and Silver Spring are pretty urban themselves so you shouldn't have too many issues.  It takes me anywhere from 20-45 minutes to get to work depending on traffic, metro is around 30 depending on if I catch a train right away.  Plus Arlington at least is crawling with Young Professionals and students.  Huzzah.