Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarships  (Read 61158 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarships
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 09:28:40 AM »

Black Lawyers Association of Cincinnati
William A. McClain Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements: African American law student, resident of Cincinnati. Selection based on demonstrated leadership skills, commitment to the Cincinnati community, and financial need.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Application Deadline: March 16
Contact Information: Attn: Michelle L. Jeffrey, Esq., BLAC Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 3181, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202, (513) 629-2724
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 09:31:12 AM »

Earl Warren Legal Training Program, Inc. Public Interest Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements: Entering full-time Black law students, U.S. citizens, who have a commitment to public interest law. Will pledge to work one year in public interest law for each year of scholarship assistance provided.
Scholarship Amount: $1,500 per year/3 years and $2,500 summer grant for internship with the Legal Defense Fund
Application Deadline: March 15
Contact Information: The Earl Warren Legal Training Program, 99 Hudson Street, Suite 1600, 16th Floor, New York, New York 10013 or call 212-219-1900.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 09:32:13 AM »

Foley & Lardner Minority Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements: First-year minority law students attending the following law schools: Duke, University of Florida, Georgetown, University of Michigan, Northwestern University, Stanford University, University of California at Los Angeles and University of Wisconsin.
Scholarship Amount: $5,000
Application Deadline: September 30
Contact Information: Foley & Lardner Minority Scholarship, Foley & Lardner Attorneys at Law, Firstar Center, 777 East Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202-5367, (414) 297-4900?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 09:33:23 AM »
LULAC National Educational Service Center Scholarships
Eligibility Requirements: Minority group member or from a low-income background. Selection based on academic merit, achievement, honors and financial need.
Scholarship Amount: Up to $1,000
Application Deadline: March 31 (varies)
Contact Information: LULAC National Educational Service Center, 400 First Street, NW, Suite 716, Washington, DC 20001

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 09:34:20 AM »

Metropolitan Black Bar Association
Scholarship Fund, Inc.
Eligibility Requirements: Must be a second or third-year minority student demonstrating merit, financial need and leadership abilities.
Scholarship Amount: Varies.
Application Deadline: June 30
Contact Information: 158 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, (718) 452-4045

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 09:35:44 AM »

Procter and Gamble Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements: Second-year or third-year minority law students interested in practicing patent law
Scholarship Amount: $5,000
Application Deadline: April 30
Contact Information: Attn: Lory Attalla, Director of Admission, Franklin Pierce Law Center, The Procter & Gamble Scholarship, 2 White Street, Concord, NH 03301, (603) 228-9217, E-Mail: lattalla@fplc.edu

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 05:03:45 PM »
I just wanted to say that this is a great thread idea, and specifically thank you to blk_reign for taking the time to research and post all these scholarship opportunities  :)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 05:09:24 PM »
I just wanted to say that this is a great thread idea, and specifically thank you to blk_reign for taking the time to research and post all these scholarship opportunities  :)

thank you  :) I know how hard it is, and I know the struggle especially at these expensive PWI law schools lol. I'll do whatever I can to help you all reach your goals, as I reach mine.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 09:31:10 PM »
thanks reign

Bacchante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 02:13:14 PM »
This one is for NY state residents that intend to sit for the NY bar and practice in NY.  You must work in NY for one year for each annual payment received:

Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarship
The purpose of the Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarship is to increase representation of minority and disadvantaged individuals in New York State licensed professions. Applicants must be beginning or already enrolled in an approved degree-bearing program of study in New York State that leads to licensure in a particular profession (see below). Pending the appropriation of State funds during the yearly session of the New York State legislature, at least 220 scholarship winners will receive awards ranging up to $5,000 per year for payment of college expenses. Applications for the 2005 competition must be postmarked by May 2, 2005.

http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/scholarships/pos.htm

Application and bulletin:
http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/scholarships/2005%20POS%20Bulletin.pdf