Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarships  (Read 59805 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarships
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »
YUCK FOU!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
@#!* YOU!*

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

*I say that, of course, in the nicest way possible.

Look to the left -- Look to the right

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »
Shaq Fu?
Yale.Law.School.2010

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2007, 01:11:48 PM »
I'm think most people are settled on where they're going for next year, but on the off chance that you're having second thoughts...

I just got an email from Rutgers Camden about their Ralph Bunche Scholarship.  It's full tuition plus a $15,000 stipend for each of the first and second years.  If you are interested, you can go to their website and apply for the school (fee waived) and the scholarship. 
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »
I'm think most people are settled on where they're going for next year, but on the off chance that you're having second thoughts...

I just got an email from Rutgers Camden about their Ralph Bunche Scholarship.  It's full tuition plus a $15,000 stipend for each of the first and second years.  If you are interested, you can go to their website and apply for the school (fee waived) and the scholarship. 

is it too late for me?

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »

is it too late for me?

:D  I'm afraid so!
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2007, 01:28:22 PM »

is it too late for me?

:D  I'm afraid so!
:(
::kicks at rocks::

tashaquel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2007, 01:08:03 AM »

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship - NAACP Education Department
Eligibility Requirements: Current regular members of the NAACP for at least one-year or fully paid life members, under the age of 25 before the deadline, must be a full-time student and have at least a 3.0 (B) GPA.
Scholarship Amount: $2,500
Application Deadline: April 30
Contact Information: 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, call 410-358-8900, fax 410-358-1607

Thank you for all the links.

nickolai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2007, 12:56:35 PM »
has anyone found any other outside scholarships that aren't posted on this thread that they can PM me? thanks!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
can't say i've seen any others..however i can say that i wouldn't send it to you privately lol.. i'm an equal opportunity type of person

has anyone found any other outside scholarships that aren't posted on this thread that they can PM me? thanks!
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:17 AM »
Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship

Arent Fox is seeking applicants for its third-annual Diversity Scholarship Program.  The firm will award three first-year law students $15,000.  The scholarship recipients will also join Arent Fox's 2008 Summer Associate Program.  Each of the firm's three offices - Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC - will host one of the recipients for the summer  Arent Fox will accept program applications from first-year law students beginning December 1, 2007 through January 15, 2008.  For consideration, applications must be received by the January 15th deadline.  Please view our online application for eligibility requirements and a list of application materials: http://www.arentfox.com/firm /diversity/index.cfm?fa =scholarship.

----
Association of Black Women Attorneys Scholarship 

Our Scholarship program was organized in 1995.  We have awarded over $30,000 in scholarships since 1995. The upcoming awards will be announced in March 2008.
Criteria:  The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated community service, personal financial need and enrollment at an accredited law school in Connecticut, New Jersey or New York. We want to stress that academic performance is not the deciding factor. Recommendations and personal statements should reflect community service activities.  The application is available on the website:  www.abwanewyork.org.

All applications should be postmarked Friday, February 15, 2008.

-----

2007-08 DRI Law Student Diversity Scholarship

DRI announces its annual Law Student Diversity Scholarship program open to second year African American, Hispanic, Asian, Pan Asian and Native American students. Second year female law students are also eligible, regardless of race or ethnicity.  The goal of these scholarships is to provide financial assistance to two (2) worthy law students from ABA accredited law schools in order to promote in a tangible way the DRI Diversity Statement in Principle.  Two (2) scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each will be awarded to applicants who best meet the following criteria: Demonstrated academic excellence, Service to the Profession, Service to the Community and Service to the Cause of Diversity.
Applications will be accepted from January 2, 2008 - February 15, 2008. Application Link: http://dri.org/opener.ashx?loc=5&ptr=About_DRIAwards_Scholarshipsdiversity_scholarship_application.pdf

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston