Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Does America deliberately try to protect its system of inequality?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Black Radicals Thread  (Read 9600 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Black Radicals Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2005, 08:23:17 PM »
Malcolm X would def. be a republican if he lived today. He was very conservative. 

I was going to wait for you response to my previous message, but this was just too much...

Lemme get this straight...Malcolm X would somehow have set his militant Islamic religious beliefs aside, stood beside G.W. and said, "#@!* it, let's invade Iraq and kill more of my muslim brothers and sisters...lets put even MORE bases on Muslim holy lands...

Would he have concluded a rousing pro-war speech with, "We didn't land on Iraq, Iraq landed on us."

You cannot possibly be serious.

Do you honestly believe that all Republicans supported Bush and his practices?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Elegua

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2005, 08:26:55 PM »
On the real though....the term 'BLACK DEMOCRAT' is speedily becoming (if it hasn't completly devolved already) a vacuous and politically obsolete classification.

As young so called 'socially conscious' black lawyers in the making, the necessity for realizing the utter marginalization of the BLACK VOTE in America to a mere presupposition is greater than it has ever been.  We owe the Democratic party nothing, and the patronage of Republicans is still simply embarassing.  As a matter of fact, Party loyalty is just a joke to me.  

Burn the gop...separate from the Democrat's party line is my personal lil' motto.

Black enough for you??

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2005, 08:27:35 PM »

Lady- When did I call blacks sellouts? When? Now, I call people all kids of *&^% but I don't recall using that word. Now, I also said that black dems are "SERIOUS" about the name calling.

Are u serious? I do not have the time nor patience to go back through all your posts to find them.

Malcolm X would def. be a republican if he lived today. He was very conservative.

Once again, u must be smoking crack. I concur what divide said and further say this: THERE ARE A LOT OF CONSERVATIVE DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!!! Jeez!  Conservative DOES NOT EQUAL Republican. But I have to hand it to the Republican machine for being able to hoodwink people into believing this. Furthermore, despite Malcolm's conservative views, HE WOULD HAVE NEVER supported politicians who implement policies and practices that continually work to undermine his people.

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2005, 08:28:21 PM »

They voted for him, didn't they?
So by virtue of that fact alone, by friggin' FIAT, they tacitly consent to all of his policies.

I know Republicans are very smart people (smarter, I must admit, than most patchouli-reeking, birkenstock-wearing, weed-smoking burnout liberals), but they can't be so naive as to have thought, "Well, I'll vote for Bush because he's against abortion, but maybe he'll reconsider what he'd doing in Iraq because I don't happen to like that so much."

"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2005, 08:29:38 PM »

They voted for him, didn't they?
So by virtue of that fact alone, by friggin' FIAT, they tacitly consent to all of his policies.

I know Republicans are very smart people (smarter, I must admit, than most patchouli-reeking, birkenstock-wearing, weed-smoking burnout liberals), but they can't be so naive as to have thought, "Well, I'll vote for Bush because he's against abortion, but maybe he'll reconsider what he'd doing in Iraq because I don't happen to like that so much."

Do you honestly believe that all Republicans voted for Bush?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »

I was going to wait for you response to my previous message, but this was just too much...

Lemme get this straight...Malcolm X would somehow have set his militant Islamic religious beliefs aside, stood beside G.W. and said, "#@!* it, let's invade Iraq and kill more of my muslim brothers and sisters...lets put even MORE bases on Muslim holy lands...

Would he have concluded a rousing pro-war speech with, "We didn't land on Iraq, Iraq landed on us."

You cannot possibly be serious.

No, but's that's why they're republicans, b/c they were still stupid enough to vote for him  :D OK I kid, I kid!! But seriously, I'll keep saying it over and over, Conservatism does not equal Republican. You can be fiscally conservative but socially liberal, and vice versa, but when it comes down to it, Republicans first interests are and will ALWAYS BE the money interest, morals come second. Look at what Bush has done so far, what has his focus been so far, making sure the rich stay rich, or going on some witch hunt for people who living amorally?  

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2005, 08:34:33 PM »

Yes, but that's my liberal mojo going berserk on me, and is not even slightly based on fact  :D

But, two things:

1) Unfortunately, the election really did come down to picking the "lesser of the two evils"...although I supported Kerry, I absolutely LOATHED his position on Iraq...what was I going to do, vote for Wesley Clark (my original choice.). So, categorization of votes doesn't really work this time around.

2) I don't think there's a voting block in America that hasn't been somehow marginalized (except, maybe, the AARP...but that's entirely seperate). We know the hispanics will largely vote for someone who pushes immigration reform, we know the Christian Right will vote for anything (and I do mean "thing") that supports their own goals, etc and so on.
A two-party system doesn't allow much room for innovation, I'm afraid.
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

Elegua

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2005, 08:35:31 PM »
Bush vs. Kerry...  

skull and bones vs. skull and bones

apple anyone?

Or perhaps you'd have liked an apple instead?   ???

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2005, 08:37:42 PM »

Yes, but that's my liberal mojo going berserk on me, and is not even slightly based on fact  :D

But, two things:

1) Unfortunately, the election really did come down to picking the "lesser of the two evils"...although I supported Kerry, I absolutely LOATHED his position on Iraq...what was I going to do, vote for Wesley Clark (my original choice.). So, categorization of votes doesn't really work this time around.

2) I don't think there's a voting block in America that hasn't been somehow marginalized (except, maybe, the AARP...but that's entirely seperate). We know the hispanics will largely vote for someone who pushes immigration reform, we know the Christian Right will vote for anything (and I do mean "thing") that supports their own goals, etc and so on.
A two-party system doesn't allow much room for innovation, I'm afraid.

I have to agree with you. The election was about the lesser of two evils. I was hoping that Clark had a chance. He was self made and had a mission.

Elegua

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2005, 08:39:38 PM »
I'm here laughing at "fiscally conservative"....and the absolute value of the American dollar is at the lowest point it has been in over a century...the state of the economy evince its poorest showing in over 50...and and and...I could be long and trite on this point...

If fiscal matters truly concerned any voter "conservative democrat" this past election year (by the way..lmao @ the oxyomorons for real yo)then I assure you, the result was no proper indication.